Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the North Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the North Country

Just checking in and saying hi to everyone. I'm Minnesota raised, lived in the dirty South and now back up in the Land of 10,000 lakes. Got the Meathead book and realized I have been waiting for this book for years! LOVE IT! I love smoking, meat that is, and this is a book and forum that has been sorely needed. I love smoking just about everything, chicken, pork, beef, veggies, eggs, and my favorite item is my meatloaf fatty. These resources now I feel will only help make me better and which will make a lot of people eating my food that much more happy! I can't wait to sit back watch my temps, drink a few, and read the book and this forum. So, hello from the North Country and happy barbecuing!

Schneidballs

Welcome Schneidballs

Comment

Welcome Schneidballs !

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Schneidballs. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support. If you would, post some photos of your cookers and your cooks when you get a chance. We enjoy seeing photos!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome Schneidballs from a fellow Minnesotan. Smoke on!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

You said "I'm Minnesota raised, lived in the dirty South and now back up in the Land of 10,000 lakes." I take offense at calling my part of the United States dirty. There is no place on this site for that kind of attitude.
              Last edited by LA Pork Butt; July 6, 2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

No need to start a civil war in the pit Schneidballs, welcome to the pit from the South

Comment

Greetings from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Schneidballs! Thanks joining up with us! So, if you had to pick life in the north or life in the south for the rest of your life, which would it be?? Methinks whatever "home" is to you would be the answer for everybody.

Comment

It is unfortunate that phrase offended anyone, it was not intended that way. Maybe asking what I meant by it before jumping to conclusions would have been LA's proper course of action, but I will explain: During my time in Tennessee the phrase Dirty South was very popular. It is not in reference to the people who live there or description of the geography, but was made popular by musicians to describe the type of music that originated in the South (a fat bass with driving beats). I loved my time there and miss my family and friends and wouldn't trade it for the world. You hit the nail on the head Huskee, home is where I lay my head.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
                        LA Pork Butt commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Schneidballs Thanks for the clarification. I had never heard that expression except in a derogatory phrase. I think my conclusion was based on the phrase contrasted with your joy of being back in the land of 10,000 lakes. Any way, I am sorry for the misunderstanding. Welcome to the joy of Pit.

• jharner
                        jharner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Also glad to hear the explanation. I guess I will put my smoke poll ( muzzle loader ) up. Welcome to the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here