Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ike in Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ike in Louisiana

hi, just joined and let everyone know a little something about me. Im new to smoking. bought my first charcoal smoker for christmas. its a large green egg. been trying to do a high temp pizza ever since and fail everytime. if i dont get it right next time i think my wife might leave me. i own a fishing and hunting lodge in venice, La, and take people fishing. ohh yea, im going to be a dad for the first time in november around thinkgiving. i hope to learn a few things on here and i just ordered meatheads book on amazon. cant wait till it gets here.

Greetings, Ike ... welcome to the Pit! We've got some serious ceramic talent around here. Be sure to check out this "channel" for tons of info on the subject: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo.../kamado-cookes

Comment

Welcome ike456

Comment

Welcome to th Pit! I am from New Orleans and I own a Big Green Egg. There are som great posts on Pizza. Check out the sub category Kamado under charcoal in the forums.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to the pit Ike I am up in northwest Louisiana. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome! Since you own a lodge, and might have the chance to cook for larger groups on occasion, I would suggest looking into dirt pit BBQ techniques as something to help draw business in.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit ike456. We're glad you joined and thank you for your support. Congrats on soon being a Dad!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome my brother heads out to Venice on occasions to go offshore.

Comment

• ike456
                    ike456 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Does he run his own boat or charter one. If he charters who does he go with?

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ike456 I doubt he uses boats since helicopters make a much quicker trip to the rigs. I know sometimes he can take a boat back "today" or wait 2 days for a helicopter. Have you ever met ed Ed Saal from Gueydan? I think he goes out there for fishing.

Welcome to The Pit ike456 ! Congrats on the new gear and even better, the new baby to come! How awesome. It sounds like you have a nice career, taking people fishing for a living. Regarding pizza on the Egg, we have a BGE guru, Breadhead, who's recently cooked some great pizzas on his. There are others too, perhaps he and the others can chime in and help you out regarding coal setup, temps, etc.

Comment

Ike, here's an excellent pizza/BGE writeup from Breadhead, how appropriate on its timing

Comment

Hi ike456 ... Welcome to the Pit.πŸ‘ Congratulations to you and your wife on your upcoming baby. I'm going to save your marriage for you too.πŸ˜†

Read the thread I just posted in the nic of time to solve your pizza cooking dilemma. It took me a long time to figure it out too. I've had my BGE for 5 years and done lots of pizza and bread on it. Follow that thread and your wife will think you are the pizza guru you will become and your fishing customers will want to return for just the pizza.πŸ˜†

I also did a thread recently on how to make really good pizza dough. You might want to subcontract that project to your wife. Who's got time for pizza dough making when there's fish to be caught.😎
                      Last edited by Breadhead; July 7, 2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here