Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy! From Pearland TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy! From Pearland TX

Hello from the home of the Little League World Series Champions! God Bless those kids and the coach!

OK, more about me. I was born and raised in Charleston SC. Moved to TX in1995. I work in a chemical plant as an Instrument/Analyzer Tech. I have always loved grilling and BBQ'n. To this day my dad grilled the best steak I have ever eaten, God Rest His Soul. My wife bought me my first offset smoker this year for Father's Day. I am still breaking this baby in but man can I tell you I have cooked the best ribs I have done to date on it, and I cooked some mean ribs on my bullet! I will be smoking 3 racks of BB's tomorrow for Independence Day.

I struggle a bit with temp control on my smokers, need some more tips, but I keep a close eye on the meat temp and so far so good. I'm a firm believer in meat temp and it has taken my results up quite a few notches. If you do not have a digital thermometer of some type, GIT ONE!

I stumbled on this website by searching How To Cook a Brisket. Great website and I have Meathead's book too. Great reading and a really well made and put together read! If you do not have it, BUY IT!

I like to watch Smoked and BBQ Pit Wars. I have also purchased Chris Lily's book and one of Myron Mixon's books. Myron makes me laugh. You cant have fun cooking w/o some good old fashioned trash talk!

Well, that's it for now folks. P.Lloyd

Welcome to the Pit where there are tips galore!

Comment

• DeepRiver
      DeepRiver commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you LA Pork Butt, btw....really like your forum name!

Since I gave the full welcome message in the Powder vs Salt thread, I won't do that here, but welcome again! Nice job on your signature.

Comment

• DeepRiver
      DeepRiver commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fuzzydaddy! I really love this website!

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit DeepRiver! Nice to have you here. Offsets are fun but they have a learning curve for sure. Look forward to more from you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here