Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Brisbane, Australia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Brisbane, Australia.

Cooking is one of my biggest passions, taking up more time than it should but I love every minute of it. Low and slow over charcoal is a relatively new world of technique for me and I am loving it all so far.

Traditional Australian BBQ involves over cooked sausages and slightly grey steak cooked on a lukewarm backyard hotplate and served with lashings of ketchup. Yeah I know, its depressing.

I'm here to dive headfirst into the world of Barbecue and Grilling and continue to spend my time endlessly obsessing.

Good cooking to me means making something amazing for those I love and matching it with a great beer, delicious wine or smoky whisky.

Welcome to the pit, dive in and start swimming. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ!

Comment

Welcome (Stompy). We're glad you joined and looking forward to hearing about your cooks and seeing some photos!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome (Stompy)

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Nice place, Brisbane ... I remember it quite fondly.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! What do you cook on and what do you like to cook?

Comment

Welcome! Haven't been to Brisbane for years, but remember eating at Cha Cha Char. Not sure if it's still around, but had a good steak there.

Comment

LA Pork Butt ProQ Frontier Elite, similar to a WSM but in Australia was almost half the price. Have so far done lamb, Char Siu Pork Belly and some wings. Doing my first Pulled Pork in two weeks for a house warming.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
                    LA Pork Butt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    (Stompy) here are my suggestions. If it is 4" inches thick cook it at 225 for 12-16 hours to an internal temperature of 200-203. It is a forgiving piece of meat so you could cut the cook time by going to 275. Use the Minnion method for loading your charcoal.

(Stompy), Welcome to The Pit, You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! LA Pork Butt is giving You Good Advice! If I can offer My $.02 worth, Remove some of the Excess Fat, Dry Brine with Kosher Salt for 12-24 Hrs in a Bag in the Refridgerator! Add Your Favorite Rub 6 Hrs or more Prior to the Cook Start! I Spritz the Rub to make adhere Better! Search; Dan's Damned Good BBQ Rub in the recipe section of AR Home Page!
                  Greet All Down Under! Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Farg ND, Dan

Comment

Danjohnston949 if you are salt brining before the rub, you want your rub to be salt free. Correct? I usually slather with yellow mustard or rub with oil before putting on the rub.
                    Last edited by LA Pork Butt; July 4, 2016, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! We are glad to have you!!!

Comment

- Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Hey Stompy, Welcome aboard. I had a great time in Australia about 30 years ago and ate plenty of steak and snags, Aussie style. I have a tip for you too. If you like wings as much as I do you can invest in a piece of equipment called a Vortex. It's just a piece of sheet metal bent into an open ended cone and it's the bomb for cookin wings!
                          Best Regards,
                          BB

Comment

• (Stompy)
                            (Stompy) commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I will take a look!

Hell Yeah! Great to see this site getting some World Wide coverage! Welcome aboard Stompy! I had a job where I did extensive factory training and had two guys in from Australia and they were a hoot! Had a great time with some cold beer with them.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here