Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the PacNW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the PacNW!

Hi everyone,

I already posted my first question somewhere else (and got great replies!), but now I'll do the whole introduction thing.

I'm John, and I've been following Meathead recipes (for sauces and such) for a few years now without ever joining up here, but now I finally did! Well, with the free trial from the book, anyway, but I bet I stick around after that expires.

I've always loved eating barbecue, but never got around to trying to make it myself until this spring when I got a charbroil vertical gas smoker. I've done a few pork butts so far, and am really looking forward to branching out from there!

Up until a few months back I was a staff scientist at a university lab (I have a doctorate in chemistry), but now work in baseball -- partly for a company you've *definitely* never heard of, and partly for a website you've probably never heard of called Baseball Prospectus, where I write something every other week and help with statistics development.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Welcome to The Pit johnchoiniere! Great to have you here with us, and thank you popping in to say hello. We sure hope you stick around! There are lots of helpful & talented members here to help you however we can. Chemistry and baseball are two things I don't know much about, except what I had to learn in college. Isotopes, something or other, cations and anions, yada yada.. That's what makes The Pit great, a variety of minds!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard johnchoiniere. Looking forward to seeing you around!

Comment

johnchoiniere, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Attendance is Mandatory! John with Your CV, you will be a Prof Here Soon!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit johnchoiniere! I have some relatives up in Lynwood, Washington. Beautiful up there!

Comment

• johnchoiniere
              johnchoiniere commented
              Editing a comment
              Lynnwood's great! That's where we lived before we moved to our current house outside of Everett.

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here.

Comment

Greetings, John ... and welcome aboard!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here