Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 Inch Wide Aluminum Foil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 Inch Wide Aluminum Foil

Greetings from a newbie. Just purchased my first smoker, a WSM 22.5, after reading so many valuable posts here. I have most of my accessories, but alas I cannot find 24 inch wide heavy duty foil so was wondering where the meat smoking community finds this product? Locally I can find the 18" but not the 24" so friends, where do I purchase some?

For the record, we have successfully smoked a meat loaf, whole chickens, and will attempt a brisket and pork shoulder this weekend.

Personally I just live with the 18 inch but I would bet you can find it on Amazon.com or for sure on the internet! (Amazon Prime is a great friend to a lot of us who aren't lucky enough to live in a big metropolis)

Comment

• Flying Fur
      Flying Fur commented
      Editing a comment
      It was one of the first places I checked and the one vendor who had it at a decent price ships the product within 3-5 weeks so I thought perhaps ask the BBQ Elders here rather than wait over a month for shipping alone.

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Flying Fur Wow 3 to 5 weeks?? How do that expect to stay in business Summers almost over in 5 weeks!?!? seems like poor planning on their part. Furniture takes 5 to 6 weeks but Foil?? that Webstaurant Store sounds promising though gonna go check it out myself, happy smoking!

I think what I have is 24 inch and it comes from Sam's

Comment

• Flying Fur
      Flying Fur commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll check, thanks!

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Flying Fur I checked, it is 18" It sure pays to read sometimes.....

Welcome to The Pit Flying Fur. We're glad you're here! Most I've found are 18" and Amazon's 24" rolls are priced crazy high, so I checked some more and found it here at Webstaurant Store. I've not ordered from them before, so I don't anything about them. Congrats on the WSM too. See you around The Pit!
    Last edited by fuzzydaddy; June 21, 2016, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      johnec00 awesome! Thanks for sharing your experiences with them.

• Flying Fur
      Flying Fur commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the link! The water pan on the 22.5 WSM is over 19" so after playing with the 18" in various configurations, when I use water in the bowl, I cannot fully line the bowl. A little surfing and I discovered Reynolds makes a hd in 24", just can't buy it locally.

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Did a dark meat roulade of turkey in the souser over thanksgiving, and would have made a better roll with 24" wide saran as Chef Steps suggested... instead it was more pork tenderloin shaped with dual 12" overlap.

Welcome aboard!

Comment

• Flying Fur
      Flying Fur commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to be here!

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

• Flying Fur
      Flying Fur commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks!

Welcome to The Pit Flying Fur! Nice to have you here with us, thanks for joining up. I like to pick up the 2-pack big rolls of Reynold's heavy duty at Sam's, but I don't remember now if they're 18 or 24, but I'm leaning toward 18. Online is always a good option, even if just to browse different stores' inventory such as Sam's, Costco, Ace, etc.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Flying Fur
      Flying Fur commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the welcome and instruction.

Welcome Flying Fur

Comment

• Flying Fur
      Flying Fur commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

I buy the big roll (and I mean a big roll) at Costco.

Comment

I have 18" x 500 ft. for $20. Heavy Duty.

Pretty sure it comes out to about the same for a 24" x 1,000 for $50. Unless you add shipping, I don't pay any shipping.

Comment

Try Cash-n-Carry. I'm at work, so I can't confirm, but I'm pretty darn sure what I got was 24" and good price too.

Comment

Well thanks to everyone for their prompt responses! I'm sure there will be other questions as I add new recipes and meats to my routine.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            You're most welcome and feel free to ask any questions. We're happy to help!

Welcome! Get a ceramic pot tray to fit in that 22" water pan. Two pieces of 18" foil in a cross before crimping will work fine! The ceramic tray makes a great heat sink.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here