Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting money where my heart is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting money where my heart is

been kicking around here almost a decade it feels like. Definitely from before the salt left the meat dust. First few years I had a supper cheap 2 burner gasser inherited from my wife's ex... That he didn't want to take with him.. meathead taught me how to smoke on it and I got surprisingly good results till the wheels literally fell off... 6-7 years ago I got a Webber 22 inch kettle and after a season or so the Smoke EZ smoker conversion... Occasionally over smoked for my wife's taste.. But I was happy with results.... 4 months ago I found local source of Berkshire pork that was reasonably priced. OMG. I had always thought it was over hyped.... But side by side cooks proved me wrong... As a treat for a special day.... The big prices of the online guys might be justified... Luckily out the door at 4.50 a pound pickup on butt or belly, and 2 dollars a pound on cheeks and shanks.... I am touring the pig now. Considering getting a whole carcass butchering it myself and documenting the rest of the pig.

Welcome _John_ Doerter

Comment

Welcome, John!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit @"John Darter". It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support. Your post reminded me that my grandfather butchered pigs and cows when I was young and my job was usually some cleanup duties, with most being quite smelly.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit. enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome aboard The Pit and welcome to your new Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit John Doerter! Great to have you here. I've never tried Berkshire pork, I've heard mixed reviews. Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here