Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Wisconsin

New member after reading numerous articles on this site. Have been cooking / smoking 10+ years on weber grills, an offset smoker from TX, and now a new SQ36 from Meadow Creek. Enjoy every aspect of the BBQ lifestyle, except maybe the lack of sleep when I'm cooking for a lot of people. hi to all .....

Welcome to The Pit Bill M! Hi back, nice to have you here and thanks for joining up. You have some nice cookers in that list, let's get them added to your signature! What's your specialty, and is there anything that you're still trying to master?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Bill M
      Bill M commented
      Editing a comment
      Let everyone know I've actually figured out how to update my signature. Old dogs can learn new tricks

yay another WI pithead!

i'm from the madison area, welcome

Comment

Welcome aboard Bill M! We're glad you're here and look forward to seeing you around The Pit. What thermometers do you use (instant read, leave-in meat, and pit/air)?

Comment

• Bill M
        Bill M commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a few thermometers; couple instant read, a maverick wireless with the grill and meat probe, and a trutemp with meat probe, and finally a Weber wireless with two meat probes (those are the leave in the meat types). My specialty is brisket and ribs with a side note for chicken.

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        I've come to the conclusion that there's no such thing as too much equipment! We would love to see some photos of your cooks.

Greetings, Bill ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome Bill M

Comment

Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to fun the Pit!

Comment

Bill M When you get some time, let us know how the SnS does in the Ranch Kettle. There've been a few people here & there who have asked whether it would work in it. What say you? Enough fire power to heat the whole thing up to 225?

Comment

• Bill M
                Bill M commented
                Editing a comment
                The SnS works fantastic in the ranch kettle, but get the larger model. The ranch kettle grate opens up on either side for feeding charcoal and the larger model actually fits through the opening.

Welcome to the pit, had to google that SQ36. It is a nice looking machine! Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Bill M, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! You Cheeshead are taking over? ribeyeguy, CurlingDog, DeusDingo, and, and, and!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From an Old Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
                Last edited by Danjohnston949; June 14, 2016, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Welcome Bill - From another Wisconsin BBQ'er. With your experience I'm sure you'll be a great addition to the Pit!

Comment

• Bill M
                    Bill M commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you all

Welcome to the Pit!!! We are happy to have you here.

Comment

Welcome great to have ya

Comment

Welcome from Utica WI

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here