Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, my name is David and I'm an Egger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, my name is David and I'm an Egger

I've been using a Big Green Egg for more than 20 years, but I just recently joined here. I've tried to up my game over time and am now pretty confident around pork butt, ribs (I like St. Louis), steak and chicken, but I am still cowed often by brisket.

We have a party every summer that we call the Salute to Meat. We have 35 or 40 people to the house and last year we made pulled pork, home-cured and -smoked bacon, brisket, spare ribs, our own home 40-day dry-aged ribeyes, butterflied boneless leg of lamb and kielbasa (which a friend brings from Connecticut and I just grill). This year I'm adding home-cured and -smoked pastrami, from the recipe here.

It all comes off the large Big Green Egg that has taken a lot of abuse over the years. I almost hurt myself on New Year's Eve this year when the Egg got well over 1,000 degrees during the final sear of the reverse-sear steaks, and I had to replace the gaskets when it got warm enough to do that.

I like feeding people, and I think people here probably are here for the same reason. I like to know how things are made and I hope that there might be something I can contribute, but I know there will be a lot I can learn from you.

Welcome to The Pit oldsmokey! We're glad you made an appearance. Stick around! The Kamado scene is getting hot around here!

Comment

Welcome oldsmokey

Comment

Welcome to the Pit oldsmokey ! Happy to have you aboard. I'm a Weber Smokey Mountain man myself, but you'll find lots of fellow Eggers here.

Comment

Welcome to lots of fun in the Pit- from one egger to another.

Comment

Greetings, David ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

oldsmokey - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

I'm an old Egghead myself. We've quite the discussion going on in the Kamado Section of Grills and Smokers. Stop on by and join that conversation. We'd love your expertise and input!

Comment

oldsmokey, David, Welcome to The Pit! You have Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Attendance is Mandatory! You Eggers don't Seem Too Bad!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome, David! Lots of Eggers here.

I'm the guy who says, about brisket: it's just a freakin' roast. Toss it on the heat and cook that sucker. I was intimidated by them until I thought, I've done $400 prime rib roasts, why am I worried about a brisket.

The pastrami recipe is the single best recipe on Amazing Ribs, and possibly the best thing I've ever cooked. It is that good. I would advise you to home cure one, but while you are waiting for your cure, do one with a store bought piece of corned beef. That way you will have pastrami to eat while you are waiting for pastrami to cure. Win-win.

Comment

We're good with eggers. : )

Comment

Welcome to The Pit oldsmokey! Nice to have you and your expertise here, thanks for your support. That annual party sure sounds like a lot of fun.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit oldsmokey ...👍

Comment

If I cooked on a BGE I'd want to join a 12-step program too.

Joking aside, Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit oldsmokey from a fellow egger!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here