Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the site, from Spokane WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the site, from Spokane WA

I have a been dabbling in the Bbq world for about 2 years. I have a Treager, I like it but...the smoke flavor isn't what I hoped it would be. I recently bought a Char-griller 50/50 propane/bricket combo. Did not by the offset smoker because it did not seem to be very well built and the 2 I seen the welds were broke by the damper. I have used it a few times and was able to get that smoke flavor I was looking for now. I need to come up with a rub that really like. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the Pit! For chicken/pork I love Simon and Garfunkel rub from this site. For pulled pork I use Meathead's
    Memphis Dust. Another good all-purpose one is Mad Hunky Meats all purpose rub. For my ribs I use Memphis Dry Rub from Steven Raichlin's book, BBQ USA. Page 298 I think.

I'm sure that others will chime in with about a hundred different anwsers as well!
    Once again, welcome! We're glad you're here!

Comment

Here's a local AR link to a bunch of fine rubs. The Pit Barrel All Purpose rub is pretty awesome, too. Oh ... and welcome to the Pit!

Dry rubs are a mix of spices and dried herbs and they are rubbed into the meat before cooking. They come in a wide range of flavors. The art is creating a blend of harmonious flavors that will complement the meat or veggie. The science is knowing how they will change when subjected to heat.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

mdotcda13, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now in the BBQ Univ! Attendance is Mandatory! You are going to want different Rubs for different Meat! I would Look through the various Recipies on this Site and in the BBQ Cookbooks you may have! Think in terms of What You Know You Like in Seasonings and expand on it from there? I hope that makes sense to You!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. I live in Houston but just graduated from Gonzaga with a Masters. Mostly on-line but I've been up to campus three times for classes. What a beautiful area. The Falls and Riverfront Park are amazing as well as Manito Park. I drove over to Coeur d'Alene last time I was up there. Beautiful.

In terms of BBQ I have found all will be revealed to you here.

-Daniel

Comment

Welcome mdotcda13

Comment

Welcome to The Pit mdotcda13! I recommend Meathead's Memphis Dust for pork butts and ribs, Simon & Garfunkel and Herbs de Provence for chicken and pork loins. Salt, pepper & garlic powder is a favorite of mine, or just salt & pepper.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to the pit!! We are happy to have you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit mdotcda13! Nice to have you here. Thank you for your support. I didn't see Meathead's Big Bad Beef Rub mentioned- excellent on brisket, chucks, pulled beef, and even steaks or burgers. It's peppery & bold, like the name implies. If used on chicken or ribs it gives them a spicy Cajun style kick.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Bellingham, WA! This is a great site, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here