Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm new to the BBQ and Grilling world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new to the BBQ and Grilling world

My name is Joe and I joined this site about a month ago after coming back from a backyard BBQ competition. I had so much fun and met some wonderful people that I came home and told my wife I have to do this again. So, I'm in the process of getting a grill for our backyard and for competitions. After reviewing some the grills from the ratings and reviews I thought the Weber 26" would be a good start with the addition of the slow n sear. Any other suggestions or feedback on my choice would be very helpful.

I think you are right on track with choosing a Weber Kettle with the Slow N Sear. I also have a kettle with a slow n sear and to me it is the best accessory for the kettle. Get it! You will not be disappointed

Comment

Definitely invest in good quality thermometers. The guides and reviews on this site are fantastic and can help you pick the right ones for your needs. http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...ws-and-ratings

Comment

+1 on the thermometers! Also, I agree that the kettle and SnS are a great start!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! We are happy to have you.

Comment

That's exactly the right place to start.

Comment

Welcome to more fun in the Pit!

Comment

Hi Joe, I'd like to welcome you to the Amazin' Ribs BBq community. These are my people!

Comment

jlomonaco55, Welcome to The Pit! You have Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Attendance is Mandatory! Ditto on the Thermometers, one Digital Dual Probe Leave in that will Monitor both Food and Grill Temps (Maverick 732 or 733), and a Good Instant Read Thermometer such as a Thermapen Classic or the Higher Priced latest version that has several improvements!
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
                  Last edited by Danjohnston949; May 31, 2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Welcome aboard jlomonaco55. We're glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome, Joe ... and +1 for getting a really good set of leave-in and instant-read thermometers. Personally, I'm a big Thermoworks fan ...

Comment

Welcome!

I cannot overemphasize the need for a good digital thermometer! I would suggest the Weber 22" with SnS instead of the 26" just so the extra bucks can be spent on a thermometer unless you really need the extra grill space. Besides, if you plan on smoking meat for a lot of people you will want to get something more appropriate for that anyway.

Comment

Welcome to The Obsession and welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jlomonaco55! Nice to have you here, thanks for joining up with us. You will be in great shape with that 26" and an SnS, that's for sure! And so easy to operate & efficient use of fuel too, all while getting Grade A results.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here