Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kiaora from Chrisrchurch, New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kiaora from Chrisrchurch, New Zealand

Hi all,

I've been grilling for about 2 years, introduced to it by my almost brother-in-law, who won the inaugural New Zealand Gourmet Barbecue Championship last year. He managed to find me a new Charpod for about USD$80! Have a Cadac as well, which is my go to grill because it's easier to clean. We also have a little Jamie Oliver grill which is great for camping.

We have a great choice for meat here in NZ, lamb of course, great beef, a lot of wild venison and goat. Just coming into winter here so sparking up the grill next week for a 6 lb leg of lamb.

Just ordered meatheads book and looking forward to getting that from Amazon in a couple of weeks.

Welcome to The Pit jamiemarshallnz! We're glad you're here.

Comment

We are glad you joined us in the Pit! Welcome!

Comment

Welcome jamiemarshallnz

Comment

Welcome. Enjoy.....New Zealand looks beautiful and wish I could visit some day.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! New Zealand is definitely on my top ten list of places I want to visit! How do New Zealanders do lamb? I love some lamb.

Comment

jamiemarshallnz, Welcome to The Pit!! It's Good to Here from you Folks Down Under! Our Son, Shawn, just left New Zeeland after spending a Month or Two primarily in the Norh Palmerston area! He stayed at a Bed & Breakfast owned by a Veterinarian and his Wife! It sounds as if They Adopted Each Other! 👍👍👍👍👍. In any case He Bought or Stole all the Helicopters NZ had for sale at this time, got them loaded for Shipment to the USA! He then jumped a flight to Shanghai and on Across China to Dubai? I think if I were You I'd call out the Dogs to See what He might have pilferred! See the Pic Posted (Silas) !
              Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
              Last edited by Danjohnston949; May 29, 2016, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Greetings, Jamie ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

jamiemarshallnz - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession. You do live in some kind of paradise. Been to NZ many times and love it, love it, love it!

Comment

Welcome, I have actually been to your town! Pre kids we took some awesome trips. I think the best place there was a brewery by the name of Cantebury? They were really nice to us and gave us tons of samples. A fine time.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit jamiemarshallnz ! Have an uncle who lives In Christchurch. Would love to visit there someday.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jamiemarshallnz! Great to have you here, thanks for your support!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Originally posted by chudzikb View Post
                          Welcome, I have actually been to your town! Pre kids we took some awesome trips. I think the best place there was a brewery by the name of Cantebury? They were really nice to us and gave us tons of samples. A fine time.
                          We did, unfortunately it was a victim of the Earthquakes 5 years ago and production was moved to Auckland. Canterbury Draught. Not a fan myself but a pretty good example of a good Kiwi Darught Ale. Now Speights is a beer .....

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I've travelled to USA many times for work and a couple of holidays. Most of the time in Peoria IL, Dayton OH, Denver CO & Las Vegas NV. Couple of trips to Tucson and Chicago as well so developed a pretty good taste for a variety of BBQ I found over there.

Comment

I love lamb. I wish it were more readily available in the US.

You will have to teach us how to prepare it lovingly.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here