Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gimmie a... lofive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimmie a... lofive?

Hi Folks! My name is Dan and I currently live in the small wonder of Delaware. I have been a fan of Amazing Ribs.com for many years. This is the site I read about the smokenator a few years ago and that's when I got into BBQ. Still a novice, I am looking to up my game with a new (or used) PBC or WSM. I have mostly done Ribs and few Briskets. I did purchase a SNS after checking out the site and reading reviews on Amazon. I just did Ribs this past weekend and the family said they were the best I have done so far on the kettle. I look forward to getting to know everyone and getting advice on cooks and equipment.

I am also a big fan of craft beers and scotch. If you have any recommendations, feel free to send them my way. Current favorite scotch is a Dalmore 18 and you can't go wrong with Dogfish head beer!
    Last edited by lofive; May 26, 2016, 12:36 PM.

Welcome to the Pit lofive ...

You've come to the right place to improve your BBQ game. All that is required is for you to ask a question. The moderator's and Pit members will try to answer in a way that will move you forward.

Have fun in the Pit Dan.👍

Comment

Hey lo, Wayne's World, "Delaware.....we're - in - Delaware."

Welcome and make yo self at home!

Comment

Welcome lofive

Comment

Welcome aboard Dan. We're glad you're here! SnS ribs are very good!

Comment

Half the Dogfish offerings are some of the best brews on the planet, the other half are what the heck did I just drink?

Comment

• lofive
              lofive commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed.

Welcome lofive! Glad you made it This is the place to be to "up your game"!
            I'm just across the border in Chester County PA the home of Victory Hop Devil!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! It is a fun place to be.

Comment

lofive, Welcome to The Pit! Dan, You have just enrolled in the BBQ Univ! You and I have more in common than BBQ!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

lofive - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Greetings, Dan ... welcome to the Pit! Give Balvenie a try ... I'm particularly fond of their Doublewood.

Comment

• lofive
                      lofive commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will give it a try. I have had the Balvenie 12 at a pub once and it was very good.

• MBMorgan
                      MBMorgan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I was referring to the DoubleWood 12 year. There's a 17 I believe that should be even more awesome.

A belated welcome to The Pit lofive! Nice to have you here. Since you have a kettle with the SnS, I'd suggest the PBC over the WSM. This will give you more variety I think....not that the WSM is less good, but the PBC has raving fans, and I think that would round out your capabilities quite well.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here