Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good morning from the Fl Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning from the Fl Keys

Hello, My name is Kilo. I wanted to say thanx for letting me join your site. I joined a couple of weeks ago because I found a really nice piece of brisket down at the store and thought to myself "this would make a great Pastrami" so I bought it and when I got home I started to look around for a pastrami recipe and found this site and stopped my search, I found home.
    Anyway a little about me, I have been grilling and smoking for years now. I love all day cooking on my Weber Performer, I have had it now for 5 or 6 years, and after all this time yesterday I had to replace the bottom damper. I have also added in 3 more really good thermometers on the dome and keep a 4th on the grill grate. I find this really helpful when using the 2 zone setup. plus I have a digital remote thermometer so I know where the meat is at all times.
    I will put up my results on my Pastrami on that page soon. Again thanks for having me, I am always looking for new things to bring to my grill.

Kilo

Welcome to The Pit Kilo. We're glad you're here. I'm in the (slow) process of moving to just east of Pensacola from Tennessee. Your thermometer probe on the grate (but not touching the metal) is where you'll get the best reading to know at what temp the food is cooking. I try to keep mine 2-3" from the meat to avoid the cold air bubble around the meat.
    Last edited by fuzzydaddy; May 22, 2016, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Kilo Welcome to the Pit! Are you cooking today?

Comment

• Kilo
        Kilo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I am going to be, My son is home college and I will be doing a beer can chicken tonight. Its one of his favorites.
        Last edited by Kilo; May 22, 2016, 08:15 AM.

Welcome! I joined a couple of days ago. Been cooking a very long time. Found AR a few years ago Improved my outdoor food10 fold. The science here is top notch and these people are generous and well.....just really nice.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I guess you can do low and slow when it's hot outside without a grill that far south.

Comment

• Kilo
          Kilo commented
          Editing a comment
          almost.

Good morning and welcome! we're glad you're here, Kilo.

Comment

Welcome Kilo

Comment

Welcome Kilo! Which key? I been down there a few times. Married in Marathon Key.

Comment

• Kilo
              Kilo commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello. I am in Marathon and now i am glad to call it home.

• Fine Swine
              Fine Swine commented
              Editing a comment
              Is the airport open? I heard that they closed it and was wondering if they ever reopened?

• Kilo
              Kilo commented
              Editing a comment
              They just got international status, but there are really no commercial flights yet. you can get private charters out though.

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Kilo, Welcome to The Pit! You have Enrolled in The BBQ Univ, Now! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Kilo - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Kilo !

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Kilo . We're glad you're here.

Comment

A belated welcome to The Pit Kilo! Great to have you here, we're glad you found us!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here