Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the PNW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the PNW

Hi everyone. Long time lurker on this site, finally decided it was only right to pay my dues to the site that has helped me so much.

I live just a little North of Seattle with my wife and dog. I've been a long time charcoal burner but recently decided to upgrade my game and bought a Rec Tec pellet smoker about 2 months ago. I'm already 2 briskets, 9 racks of ribs, 2 whole chickens, and a slab of fish into it and love the thing. My neighbors hate me, so now I invite them over to eat too.

This is a great site and I look forward to gaining more knowledge from people that have been doing this a heck of a lot longer than me.

Hello Reg,
    Welcome!

Comment

What it is Reg, are you Lynnwood or something further up there? I hear that as long as you are past Capitol Hill, you're safe from the ick.

I hear neighbors can be effectively disarmed with smoked nuts and/or bottles of smoked-tomato ketchup. Meathead's marinara cans nicely, too. Throw in a smoked pepper; the complexity it adds is insane.

Godspeed.

Comment

I'm a bit beyond Lynnwood. I live in the Snohomish area. Reg is actually short for Regional. I'm an aircraft mechanic and I cut my teeth on regional jets.

And yes, you most be past capital hill, but it is getting better.

Comment

• (Anchovy)
          (Anchovy) commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice up there I hear. The shop talk is Greek to me, but I'm an avid scale-modeler and love to hear techs talk about birds. Nice to know I'm not the only Northwesterner.

Welcome Regliner! We appreciate your support here. So you're another happy RecTec owner, and it seems you're breakign it in well!

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you to fill out your signature, as well as learn the best way to post some nice big pictures here of your RecTec and other equipment, and your cooks. We love bragging pictures! Enjoy!

Comment

welcome my friend from sunny CA. my son lives not to far from you in Marysville, he cooks on a Green mountain, I believe is the name avid fisherman, sometimes hunter, always a good cook and good kid. Sorry dad speak, good MAN.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here