Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moe Am I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moe Am I

Heya, Pitmasters,

My name is Moe. I'm in Portland, Oregon, smack dab on the Left Coast.

I'm a Danish/German ex-pat and I dabble in a lot of cuisines. I mean I am pretty serious in my ways, but I don't want to get hoity-toity or anything.

I owe a lot to Meathead and his efforts, and the cash I threw at him to be able to make this post barely seems like just dues. I'm getting merged to a red-headed wonder next May, and without this website, we wouldn't have chosen a pig-pickin' at our reception, let alone known what to taste for while vetting a caterer's pulled pork. The recipes didn't hurt in getting the ring on her finger, either. I cop to it.

I would love to say a lot more, but a great man once wrote "a beginning is a very delicate time" and I am not doing that justice at all. I guess I am not the indoor-voice type.

IN FUMO, VERITAS!

(Sorry if I used Latin like a shop broom just there.)

EDIT: Oh I just had to add that I like to make the woman a breakfast of fresh pita bread with za'atar and labne in the morning, but my preferred breakfast is in my icon: a dram of Old Danish with havarti on rygbrod, followed by another dram. And then another dram. And maybe one more...

Expandi manus meas tota itidem bonum, quod ad vos!

Comment

• (Anchovy)
      (Anchovy) commented
      Editing a comment
      Man my basic Having Latin Skills is at such a low level that I can't even get Google Translate to tell me whether you're being sweet or having the mickey. Thank you?

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a warm welcome. Nice to meet you.

• (Anchovy)
      (Anchovy) commented
      Editing a comment
      I worked it out, and thank you very much!

Welcome Anchovy Moe. Thanks for the support!

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you to fill out your signature, as well as learn the best way to post some nice big pictures here of your equipment and your cooks. Enjoy!

Comment

Only Latin I know is Semper Fidelis, and Veritas and Aeuqtias from Boondock Saints.

Oh and you reminded me of my buddy who demanded I visit his town of Coos Bay, I never have been though...

Comment

the only Latin I know Latin. welcome Anchovy from sunny Ca.

Comment

The only Latin I know is the other Latin...BUENO!
          Welcome Anchovy!! I love anvhovies as well.

Comment

Salve Moe

Comment

Hey Moe! Welcome! Great job with the delicate act of a good intro post!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here