Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kris from Washington state here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kris from Washington state here

Hi all,

I just found this site last week, and I am addicted for sure. I have used my Weber Kettle in a 2 zone method the last couple of nights, and WOW!!! I would like to ask a question to all, I have a char-griller trio that I have, and it needs a lot of love, I have read the upside and downside to COS like this one, but I wanted another opinion. Glad to be here.

Welcome to The Pit SoundDude. We're glad you're here! I have no experience with a chargriller trio or similar, but I'm sure others will chime in. Is this photo what you have?

Click image for larger version

Name:	k2-_b43ce5e4-ce1a-44fa-accb-c69f97657642.v1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	169393

Comment

SoundDude I had one of those Chargrillers and liked it as lot - especially the gas grill with cast iron grates. I also liked the up and down grilling feature on the charcoal side. The stick burner on the side took quite a bit of attention for low and slow. The thing I hated about it was needing to keep it covered, and the Charl-Griller covers designated in a year or two. I gave mine to brother-in-law when I got my large Big Green Egg, since I wasn't interested in accumulating an arsenal of cookers. I think it is a good cooker if you can cook under a covering and don't mind staying up to tend the fire for low and slow. I have learned a few tips that could improve the low and slow feature.

Comment

Welcome SoundDude

Comment

SoundDude - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit SoundDude! Nice to have you here, and we're glad you're addicted! Any commercial grill can be used to make great food, some need mods, some just need varying levels of TLC and skill. Between Meathead's in-depth articles on operating various cookers, fire control, recipes, meat science, and the help of the good folks here, you're in good hands.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

SoundDude, Welcome to The Pit! You have just Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! I too use Weber Kettles and have for over 40 Yrs! The first 35 Yrs were a series of accidents tha I force the family to eat! Things Improved some after a BBQ Bootcamp I attended 3 Times, I am a Slow Learner! Significant Leaps in Progress were made by joining AR.Com and the Pit Club in particular! You will find the Pit Boss, the Moderators, Meathead and the Membership at large More Than Helpful! Now back to your question I also have COS, I have Modified it and will hang onto it forever for Larger Cooks! Get yourself a S 'n S for your Weber, a good dual probe Thermometer (Maverick 732 or 733) and a Thermapen Instant Read Thermometer and you are in Hog Heaven For the Summer! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
              Last edited by Danjohnston949; May 19, 2016, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Welcome aboard SoundDude! We're glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, Kris!

Comment

Thanks for all the welcoming messages. I have been offline for the past week or so, but that is a story for a different day. I appreciate all the advice. Danjohnston949 I grew up in the F-M Area, my parents still live there. Small world. I will definitely be buying a S&S, I have been hinting at the wife as a fathers day gift. Again, thanks all. I'm really looking forward to learning from you all.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ!

Comment

SoundDude and oh that fuzzydaddy! I broke in on that COS. Lots of work is right, but I figured out 225 and then the magic happened. That COS is some work. I simply use kettles now and it's even more glorious. I am still in debt to AR for teaching me who to tame that demon and "be in the business of delicious." SnS coming up. "Pit people rock" I have access to great chefs but....... This is BBQ and these people do amazing things with food all the time. The addiction is real my friend.

Comment

Welcome! I lived with my uncle for a couple of years on an orchard not far from Cowiche, beautiful country. Now that I think about it, why did I move back to Nebraska?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Kris.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit SoundDude! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here