Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

skolbeque up north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skolbeque up north

Hello there! I can tell I'm going to like The Pit already. Great community.

I'm new to barbecuing, but decent in the kitchen. Meathead's new book is a huge inspiration. I'm following the equipment guides and the book so far, and have built a good setup.
    • Portable Kitchen (PK) grill
    • Maverick ET-733
    • ThermoWorks ThermoPop
    • ThermoWorks TimeStick Trio
    I'm attempting my first big smoke today, and it is currently in progress. It is a 10LB pork shoulder. I think I made a mistake at the butcher. I meant to get a Boston Butt, but I think this is the Butt and the Picnic.

Perfect Pulled Pork recipe. Kosher salt dry brine for 8 hours. Memphis Dust rub. KC Classic Barbecue Sauce ready for later. Going to pair it with cornbread and Classic Deli Slaw.

Can't wait to eat!

Welcome to the Pit! Skål!

Comment

Welcome skolbeque

Comment

Welcome! Don't sweat the Boston/Picnic combo, I have done several of these and they turn out awesome.

Comment

Welcome aboard skolbeque. Nice equipment you've got. A great way to break in that new PK!

Comment

Wow that sure is some shiny equipment.
            Last edited by Jerod Broussard; May 15, 2016, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!!! We are happy to have you. I love the PK. Keep the pictures coming!

Comment

skolbeque, Welcome to The Pit! That a Nice Line of Equip. You bring to BBQ Univ. with You! That Butt looks Great!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Here is the finished result. 12h10m on the grill. Pulled it off at internal temp of 203°

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                    fuzzydaddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Beautiful!

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
                  Wow that sure is some shiny equipment.
                  It's got a nice glaze to it now!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit skolbeque! Nice to have you here, we can tell we're going to like having you here GREAT job on those pictures too!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

How did you like it? It looks great.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, the PK has always intrigued me . Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit skolbeque . Congrats on the first big smoke. Looks like it turned out great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here