Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Friday

I'm new to the Pit though I've been using the site for some time. Always excited to learn and this seems like a great place to do it! Everybody enjoy your weekend!

Welcome aboard AdamJG. Glad you are here! Would you share what you cook on? Hope you have a great weekend.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit AdamJG! Thanks for joining up with us, glad to have you. That's a heckuva nice avatar pic! What are you cooking on?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Adam!

Comment

I cook my barbecue on a Pit Barrel Cooker. I've made some minor mods because it was too easy and I needed something to fuss with whIle I cook. I put tel-tru therm on the lid and also sealed the lid with lava-lock insulation so it seals tight on the barrel. I've found that this keeps the air flow/temp a bit lower and consistent.

Comment

AdamJG welcome to the Pit! What do you cook on and what do you like to cook?

Comment

I like to experiment with all things que, I haven't found a way to mess up chicken and ribs on the PBC, pork butts have come off the pit equally great. My proudest moment in barbecue to date though was last weekend. We had a get together for a barbecue/Kentucky Derby party and I cooked my first brisket. I was nervous to cook it for a crowd on my first try, so I totally micro-managed every detail of the cook from the rub to the temps. Everyone seemed happy with the result. I couldn't call myself a barbecue fanatic until I successfully made a good brisket, afterall.

Comment

Welcome AdamJG

Comment

Welcome Adam, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

AdamJG - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

AdamJG, Welcome to The Pit! You have just enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Adam. Congrats on your first brisket. You are now a BBQ dude!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here