Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Happy to be aboard. Looking forward to learning how to improve my smoking and grilling. New Weber Genesis arriving this weekend. Currently using homemade WSM and cheap gas grill. Kicking cheap grill to the curb. Also considering WSM or PBC for my next addition.

Welcome to The Pit Brian Williams. Glad you're here. I don't have a PBC but several folks here have & love them. Here's a link to the PBC sub-forum. Hope that's helpful.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You can't go wrong with either the WSM or the PBC. There's lots of fans here of both ... and they'll be happy to tell you which is best (hint: it's the PBC ) ...

Comment

Welcome Brian Williams

Comment

From one newby to another -- welcome -- this place overflows with knowledge and wisdom...!!!

Comment

Welcome aboard! Before you throw out the old grill, if the frame is still in good shape you can pull the grill upper and lower out and you have a great frame for an outdoor station / table to use near the grills. I slapped some marine plywood on mine, stained it and use is it as a prep table. If I win the lottery I will cover it with granite When I got a kettle grill I cut out a center circle and set the grill in it. Works great. And yep that PBC is a fave around here, it's on my wish list as well

Comment

Brian Williams - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You find lots of wisdom here.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Brian, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome! You've come to the right place.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Brian Williams! Great to have you here. Nice array of cookers you have/will have. Might I suggest the PBC if you already have a homemade WSM... Either way, as others have said, you can't go wrong.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Brian Williams, Welcome to The Pit! I am glad to here you are looking @ a Charcoal Grill or Smoker to complement your New Weber Genisis 👍👍👍👍👍.
                        Weber Kettle and S 'n S User Here Primarily also a COS and ...!
                        Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
                        Last edited by Danjohnston949; May 13, 2016, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Brian Williams . Good luck with the new equipment. For what it's worth I love using my PBC!

Comment

My Weber Genesis arrived Sunday and it looks great. I had also ordered a set of grill grates and immediately replaced the stock grates. I did teriyaki shrimp kabobs and grilled pineapple and was happy with the performance. Monday I bought rib eyes and did my first reverse sear. Wow! I never ate a steak that was better than that. So happy with the purchase as well as my new technique for amazing steak.
                            Today fired up my mini WSM and smoked my first brisket. It came out awesome as well thanks to instructions from meathead. Lots of firsts in the last few days. Still eyeing the PBC.

Comment

Welcome! Do you have a picture of the homemade WSM?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here