Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from the UK

Hi folks - long time reader of this great site and my copy of the book arrived yesterday - looking forward to talking with you folks!

I live just outside London, UK, been using a WSM and Weber kettle for the last few years, until I invested in a KJ Classic a month or two ago - good times!

Weekend neilduncan

Comment

Well, at least someone in England knows how to do something besides boil their meat.

Welcome!

Edit. The original said "someone in the UK" but being of Celtic descent myself I know that my ancestors know how to properly cook meat instead of boiling it. It was the damned Normans who were too lazy to roast a boar.
      Last edited by boftx; May 12, 2016, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit neilduncan! Nice to have you here. It's great to make new friends in other lands and talk about a common interest.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

neilduncan - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

You'll absolutely love that KJ Classic. It's a very fine kamado and it'll help you cook the best food you've ever tasted!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit neilduncan! We're glad you're here.

Comment

neilduncan, Welcome to The Pit! My Paternal Great Grandfather was born in Lincolnshire in 1858, immigrated with a wealthy family as the farm hand to NC North Dakota(10 Mi S of Canada), Married the Farmers Daughter, and Homesteaded(160 Acres) in 1887 He died in 1973 a month before he was 105 Yrs Old! My family still owns the original Homestead! boftx, Is correct when I was a Kid every damned thing was boiled! BBQ Is Better!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
                Last edited by Danjohnston949; May 12, 2016, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Neil.

Comment

Welcome aboard neilduncan. If you choose to, we would enjoy seeing pictures of some of your food. We love food photos!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, I look forward to hearing about how you smoke across the pond.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome...!!! I spent a week a month in your country for about a year and a half. Loved the experience -- it was nice to visit the home of my ancestors and see the places of family lore -- my (8th)great grandfather Sir Anthony Jackson was the private secretary for Prime Minister George Villiers Duke under King Charles -- apparently it didn't work out to well, after spending 8 years locked up in the Tower of London, stripped of his titles and land, he fled to Carrick-Fergus Ireland and one of his sons eventually came to Bucks County Pennsylvania and we spread out from there... I still miss a nice pint of bitter....!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Neil!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here