Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction

Hi. Adam Here. I've been cooking in a smoker since 2009. I've always been a fine conesour of BBQ since I was a child. I live in Virginia and enjoy NC BBQ and Virginia BBQ. I've been backyard grilling since I was 13 when my dad taught me how to use charcoal. I bought a cos, or pos smoker as I say. I practiced 3 to 5 times a month year round. I saved for four years to buy a trailer mounted smoker. I want to get into catering on a hobby level. I have cooked for friends parties and did a luncheon for 35 people for Lockheed Martin Synergy. Everyone loved it and the head of the company came and thanked me. I've worked hard to get to my cooking level and aspire to get good enough to be on a skill level that you guys cook. Well that's pretty much me. I'm glad to have joined the group. By the way I received my book today and am excited to start reading it.
    Last edited by Zappe'sBBQ; May 10, 2016, 10:26 PM.

Welcome to The Pit Adam! We're glad you're here. Nice rig!

Originally posted by Zappe'sBBQ View Post
    I've worked hard to get to my cooking level and aspire to get good enough to be on a skill level that you guys cook.
    I bet you do just fine

Comment

• Zappe'sBBQ
      Zappe'sBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I still do have a lot to learn. 😀

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't we all!

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

That's one nice looking rig you've got there! Congrats. I'm looking forward to seeing your cooks posted here.

Comment

• Zappe'sBBQ
      Zappe'sBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Welcome aboard, Adam!

Comment

• Zappe'sBBQ
      Zappe'sBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Welcome to The Pit Zappe'sBBQ! Nice to have you here, NICE smoker! Thanks for joining up with us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Zappe'sBBQ
      Zappe'sBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for welcoming into the group. I bought my cooker from CustomPits and Fabrication in Virginia. It has the smoker, grill and side burner for cooking shrimp, frying fish or anything you can use a burner. It also has a propane wood starter firewood storage.
      Last edited by Zappe'sBBQ; May 10, 2016, 10:14 PM. Reason: Forgot to add firewood storage box

Welcome to the pit Adam, that is one nice looking cooker. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Thanks for welcoming me into the group. I've been using the site for a couple years and finally joined the Pit Masters Club.

Comment

Welcome Zappe'sBBQ

Comment

• Zappe'sBBQ
          Zappe'sBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Nice looking Lang 48
          Last edited by Zappe'sBBQ; May 10, 2016, 10:32 PM.

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks

Welcome to the Pit!! I love your rig you got there man. Thing is a beast.

Comment

• Zappe'sBBQ
          Zappe'sBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I've waited a long time to get a nice cooker.

Welcome Zappe'sBBQ and that is a very nice rig you have there! What size is that baby and Is the back a separate cooker/ grill or warming box?
        Last edited by Powersmoke_80; May 11, 2016, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Zappe'sBBQ. Beautiful rig.

Comment

Welcome Zappe'sBBQ . Very nice cooker!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Zappe'sBBQ, Welcome to The Pit! Adam, You have just enrolled in the BBQ Univ! With your Eqipment it seem to me You should take the Graduate Program!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Adam. It looks like you'll have plenty to add to the group!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here