Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smokem is my handle and it's great to be here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smokem is my handle and it's great to be here

I have a Char Griller gas vertical smoker after several years of using a $57 charcoal bullet smoker from Lowe's (on which I made some great food by scrupulously following Meathead's recipes). I still do not have a Maverick thermometer but have applied the "boiling water test" to what i do have, which gives me a little more confidence. I've done all kinds of beef (brisket, rib roast), lamb leg & rack, chicken, all kinds of pork, and am anxious to learn more. Thanks, Meathead!

Welcome to The Pit smokem!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Your avatar pic looks waaaay better than mine!

Welcome. I love smoking with gas burning the sweet smoke out of a chunk of wood. I hear Ole Hickory trying to call my name, however my bank account is plugging my ears.

Comment

• Darchie03
          Darchie03 commented
          Editing a comment
          The government just prints money when they want, sure wish we could also it would make things easier & I'd have a big fancy smoker instead of a COS that I'm modifying.

welcome to the Pit! I cut my teeth on a Cajun Bullet Smoker.

Comment

Welcome smokem

Comment

smokem, Welcome to The Pit! You have just enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Obsession and welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit smokem! Nice to have you here. Thanks for joining up with us and supporting Amazing Ribs.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit smokem !

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here