Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another new guy saying hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another new guy saying hi

I came across this site a few months ago, and have found myself coming back to it so often it would just have been wrong not to join up! I'm in my sixties, and have lived in California these last twenty years, lots of other places before that. I've been grilling on charcoal since I was a teenager, which means I've got about half a century in on that. But, I learned recently that my wife would really prefer a gas grill (forty years...), so I've got one (Weber Genesis) sitting in a HUGE box in the garage. I'm somewhat daunted that there are actual YouTube videos on how to put it together.

I've divesting myself of my -- let's call it "vintage" -- 22" Weber kettle, though I'm keeping the Smokey Mountain smoker just in case. I'm very enthusiastic about the new gas grill, since I'm not the most patient guy in the world. I'm also a good conventional cook, and I think I'm going to like the control that gas gives you. I also expect to have lots of questions, so I beg everyone's indulgence in advance. Very happy to be here.

Welcome to the Pit! You're going to love the Genesis. I bought an EP-330 about a year ago then paired it with a pit barrel cooker shortly thereafter ... a formidable combo ...

Comment

Baltassar Hey! Welcome to the Pit!! We are happy to have you!

Comment

Welcome Baltassar

Comment

Welcome man. I wouldn't worry about the YouTube video there are probably YouTube videos on how to sharpen a pencil.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you been watching my channel? Lol

@Balttassar, Welcome to The Pit! I've owned my Wife, Eunice, for 44 Yrs! She can get a bit demanding from time to time too! 😙🤔😇🤔😙
          Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Baltassar - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome aboard Baltassar! Glad you are here.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Baltassar! We're happy you're here with us, thanks for your support. I hate to hear you're getting rid of your 22", but it sounds like you've had a great long time with her. A Slow 'N Sear will breathe new life in into it and you just might appreciate it's smoking capabilities. Anyway, congrats on the new grill!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Baltassar! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Baltassar ! I see in your post that you have learned the same lesson that I have learned after 38 years of marriage. There are not, in fact, three most important words that a wife needs to hear. There are only two! Yes Dear!!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here