Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Pittsburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Pittsburgh

I'm 36 years old, from Pittsburgh, PA and have been barbecuing now for about 3 years. Last year, I got very serious about it and got a WSM. I am still learning but I am doing pretty good. I work as an engineer with thermodynamic and flow systems so I have a great appreciation for the science of bbq and really appreciate this site for addressing barbecue as a science. I just joined yesterday and am really looking forward to participating in the blog and learning from all of you!

Welcome Bobby_K

Comment

Welcome to the pit!! We are happy to have you!. What kind of rigs do you run? We love pictures of cooks and cookers alike in here.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Bobby_K . We're glad you're here.

Comment

Hello from Baltimore, Bobby_K ! The science lessons on this site are one of the main reasons I joined the Pit! It's pretty awesome when you can combine science lessons with making good things to eat.

Comment

Welcome Aboard!

Hometown is Greensburg, PA.

Cool things to do when I was a kid was to ride into Pittsburgh to check out Steel Mills
            ( you could smell them long before you saw them ) and go to Pittsburgh Int'l Airport that was just newly constructed.

Best site in the world for BBQ, friends, and good advice on just about everything!

-- Ed

Comment

• Medusa
              Medusa commented
              Editing a comment
              Lookit! I spent years worshing my hair and clothes, but finally broke the pattern and corrected the speech. Pretty cool, heyna?

• Bobby_K
              Bobby_K commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha, always have to keep on top of the worsh

Welcome to the Pit, Bobby!

Comment

Bobby_K - welcome to The Pit and The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome, Bobby_K! I grew up in Pleasant Hills, in the South Hills, and moved to NE PA in '87. I'm still Pirates, Steelers, Penguins, Panthers, all the way! And yes, the science rocks.

Comment

• Bobby_K
                  Bobby_K commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Of course. That's why Black and Gold Nation is all over the United States!

Welcome to The Pit Bobby_K!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Bobby_K! Glad to have you here. You're in the right place! Your' BBQ endeavors will go up a few notches with all the great advice and tips & tricks from the many talented members here, not to mention Meathead's recipes.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Bobby_K
                    Bobby_K commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you Huskee. Will do!

Welcome to the pit Bobby_K ! I use a WSM myself. I just started smokin' when I got my smoker this past Christmas. I am learning a lot here myself.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Sorry all forgot to attach a picture of my pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here