Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Site!

Hi All - I'm Scott and I reside on a horse farm in River Falls WI. I retired a couple of years ago but am working more than ever. I love to cook, grill and BBQ. I and am always looking to learn more. I'm very excited about joining this site. At the moment I have a Webber Summitt gas grill. It has a smoker box but after much difficulty maintaining temperature last year doing a pulled pork as well as not understanding the stall, I am now looking at other options for better smoking. I am looking at a Memphus Pro grill for my next purchase. I have looked at a lot of options and spent way more time than I care to admit on this. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

Scott

Welcome ScottInRiverFalls

Comment

I should also mention that River Falls is just across the St. Croix from St. Paul/Minneapolis MN.

Comment

Welcome! I have 3 suggestions and the best to you on whatever you decide is right for you!

1. Weber Kettle and a Slow 'n Sear (I have this. VERY economical and VERY good smoked butts and ribs on this setup).
        2. PBC (Popular and produces great results).
        3. Weber's new Summit Charcoal. (New, but there's a few folks here who have purchased one).

My pork butts on the Weber / Slow 'n Sear:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2680.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	158951

Ribs on the Weber / Slow 'n Sear:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2944.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	158952
        Last edited by fuzzydaddy; April 20, 2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Scott!

Comment

ScottInRiverFalls, Fuzzy about said and Showed it all! 👍👍👍👍👍. Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit ScottInRiverFalls . We're glad you're here!

Comment

Need to get a picture up to change the shadow man.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Scott. You will find lots of helpful reviews and ideas. Once you decide on a product to smoke on, you'll probably find information directly related to it.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! There are a lot of good smokers out there.

Comment

ScottInRiverFalls - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit ScottInRiverFalls! Glad to have you here. Retiring to a horse ranch with a BBQ hobby sure sounds like a nice way to live!

We can sure offer a ton of help and suggestions on which device you should consider, but we'd really need to know your budget and how many you'll most often be cooking for (capacity needed). Since you're in northern country do you want/need an insulated cooker like a kamado/ceramic (Big Green Egg, Kamado Joe, etc), do you want entry-level price with pro-level results (Weber Kettle with Slow 'N Sear), or is a set it & forget it cooker more up your alley (pellet cooker or Pit Barrel Cooker)?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here