Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilling weather in Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilling weather in Seattle

Hello everyone,

I first found this website when looking for information on how to make a better Reuben sandwich, my favorite. I then started exploring the recipes and reviews, and when I decided to buy a smoker, I looked here first. The recommendation for a total newbie was the Pit Barrel Cooker, which I bought last year after some additional research.

My first cook for some reason was for my daughter's 3rd birthday party, where I served undercooked chicken - thankfully nobody got sick. I have since made pork ribs, beef ribs, tri-tip, pork butt, more chicken, corn, sweet potato, chicken wings, I even ruined a brisket flat. I made Thanksgiving turkey and Christmas pork tenderloin on the PBC. Most of it came out pretty good and my family loved everything I cooked (except that first chicken) but I always stressed out about when things would cook too fast or too slow.

After mooching off of the free site for a year or so, I decided to join this past January. I picked up a Maverick leave-in thermometer and devoured the posts on the PBC forum. Since then my smoking - and cooking in general - has really gone up several notches. Thanks to the great posts by many but especially fzxdoc I'm now much more in control of how my PBC is performing. The last two things I've done - pork butt and whole chicken - have been the best food I've ever made.

Now that it is starting to warm up here in the Seattle area, I hope to get out back more often and try out my newfound prowess. I look forward to continued learning and improving for many years to come. I may not post much, but I am definitely benefiting from the collective knowledge on this website, so thank you to all of you! I have been sharing the site with all the neighborhood dads, and I look forward to being the next winner of the Gold Medal Giveaway

Welcome and thanks for the support and feedback!!

fzxdoc's PBC Word Document is supported by multiple Google servers.

My PBC has served me too well.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You're in good PBC company here ...

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Not to mention the 250 years of marital advice some folks can give.

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        ​"dog years" ... for some reason, my wife has never actually laughed at that one ...

Welcome PBCDad

Comment

Awwww, thanks, PBCDad , glad some of my tips and topics could help. That PBC is a wonder for sure. Good to hear you've got a handle on making great food on the PBS to feed to that adorable little one in your avatar (love the expression!) and the rest of the family.

Welcome to the Pit!

Kathryn

Comment

• PBCDad
          PBCDad commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, it is an older picture but it always makes me smile.

Welcome aboard PBCDad! Glad you're here.

Comment

PBCDad, Welcome to The Pit! Raise Your Daughter Properly BBQ twice per Week! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

I'm a couple hrs north of you in the Bellingham area. My story is similar to yours! Welcome to the pit and happy que'ing

Comment

Welcome to The Pit PBCDad! Nice intro post & great job setting up your signature. Glad to have you here, and we're glad to hear how much AmazingRibs and The Pit have helped you, that's what it's all about. fzxdoc and Jerod Broussard are respectively the queen & king of the PBC, and there are many others as you've noticed who can offer great insights too. We hope you pop in to say hi often.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• PBCDad
                  PBCDad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Huskee!
                  I completed my homework, I just wish you would have included something like, "Make three racks of ribs, pulled beef, and the KC barbecue sauce" as one of your homework assignments. That way I'd have an excuse for my wife ("Sorry honey, it's not that I want to, it's that I have to!" )

Did you say "starting to warm up in Seattle" ???? Yesterday was the warmest April day in Seattle EVER, at 89F, and mid 80s today.

It's been a great spring here. I did a brisket 2 weekends ago on the PBC, but was out playing last weekend (sports car rally on Whidbey Island) but have been hitting the BBQ for burgers and chicken for dinner this week.

I'm at the south end of Seattle in Des Moines.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160410_181835[1].jpg
Views:	94
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	158638

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_18799.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	158639
                Last edited by BruceB; April 20, 2016, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice brisket, BruceB! It sure looks juicy, and that smoke ring--so pretty. I'm sure it ate good.
                  Kathryn

• PBCDad
                  PBCDad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed, very nice, sometime I'll have to figure out how to do that.
                  I wouldn't mind if the weather stayed like this year-round...

Welcome to the pit PBCDad !

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the messages, really excited to be a part of this community.

Comment

Welcome PCBDad, Glad it's warming up there. We're looking forward to a few weeks in Friday Harbor, next month.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here