Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michigan Smoker

I stumbled on this site a few years ago when I was looking for an interesting thing to do with a Thanksgiving Turkey. I saved the turkey recipe on my phone just before I got on a cross county flight, and basically fell in love right there; the detail and precision of the recipes are great. Upon returning home, I put my full faith in Meathead, and followed his turkey recipe (my first ever smoked bird) for a house full of turkey day guests, with no safety net. It turned out great, the gravy was amazing, and guests were all happy to have something different than a bland oven bird, and I was basically a hero.

For my day job I works as a consultant doing government relations work (right?, I'm one of those guys), which allows me to travel all over the county, which allows me to eat an insane variety of barbecue. Before a trip, I usually do about the same amount of research on the local BBQ scene as I do on my job.

When I'm home I have dedicated significant time to perfecting the art of cooking perfect pork on a Weber Kettle Grill, and making the worlds best chili. Both are a work in progress; but both are damn good. Aside from food, I have an old Jeep, an old Corvette, do some fly fishing, shoot some guns, , smoke cigars, drink lots of beer, you get the point.

I figured it was time to stop freeloading and send in my $23 as a thank you for all the work that has gone into building this great site. Glad to pay it, and look forward to more good stuff to come.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

@smontie, Welcome to The Pit! Enjoy the BBQ Univ you have just enrolled in! There are lots of you Ganders in The Pit! Check out Huskee (Moderator) first name is Aaron, also Jon Solberg (Member, & Genuine Good Guy) I know I am slighting others but Old Timers is kicking in!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome smontel - My story is similar. After using this site for a long time I decided it was time to contribute some $$. I did not think I would participate in the forums much, but I'm really enjoying the Pit ~ Ron

Comment

Welcome to The Pit smontle! Thanks for your support, glad you're with us. Where abouts in MI are you? Me, I'm right dead center near Clare. Beautiful weather the next few days no matter where in the mitten or UP you are though, from what I read.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            smontle Small world, I just put some on at 11. Rib day in Michigan.

• smontle
            smontle commented
            Editing a comment
            I used to fish the Tobacco River up in your area with a buddy of mine. His family had a little shack on Lake George. They sold it probably 5-6 years ago, but had some good times...

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            smontle I'm about 10-15 min from Lake George

Welcome smontle!

Comment

Welcome smontle

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

smontle - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to the pit smontle !

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit smontle! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Love your signature by the way.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit smontle .

Comment

From one Michigander to another, welcome to the pit smontle ! In my very short time here I've picked up some great tips and can't wait to try more of them out. I'm a west coaster, live in between Holland and Grand Haven. Past weekend was just fantastic, did ribs for the first time on the PBC....perfect cook and I would kill for some more right now but the day got away from me....

Comment

• Huskee
                              Huskee commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I keep thinking about my rib cook from Sat, best ribs I've done yet in the best weather we've had since August I think... Had 2 families over for dinner and there were no leftover ribs. I miss them. (The ribs) Lol.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here