Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Suggestions for a New Pellett Smoker under $1,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Suggestions for a New Pellett Smoker under $1,000

Hi I am a new member and love to BBQ mainly on my classic Webber but also like to slow cook for the family.

I am considering upgrading my 12 year old Weber Smokey Mountain Bullet slow cooker for a new slow cooking pellet. I don't use the Smokey Mountain as much as I would like since it goes through a lot of charcoal and needs attention every few hours and is messy to clean. Any suggestions for a medium capacity pellet cooker that has good metal construction (thick) and a searing griddle for under $1,000.

That is kind of a unicorn. The Grilla Silverbac would be close to that price point especially if you buy the Grill Grates with it, but you might want to consider the LSG pellet or MAK pellet smokers if you are looking for more of a lifetime investment. The price tags are correspondingly higher but the performance is outstanding.

The other option is the Masterbuilt Gravity smokers but they do require more cleaning since they use charcoal.

And welcome to the PIt!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Can’t help with recommending a pellet smoker in your stated price range unfortunately but I’m sure other members will give you good suggestions.

Comment

I can't help with a pellet smoker, but welcome to The Pit.

Comment

As mentioned above, I was just about to steer you to Grilla until you mentioned searing. At the $1000 price point I'm not sure what you'll find with a searing option, since high heat and griddling is generally not a feature you see on most pellet grills.

You're also asking for durable construction which will not be found on many other grills in that price range. You'll probably have to go above your budget, or compromise on features.

In all seriousness, if you find something that ticks all your boxes, please let us know! I'm always looking to upgrade.

Comment

Welcome from the Land of Enchantment! And good luck on finding your cooker! Can’t wait to see what you get.

Comment

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest. As mentioned above, your price point is going to be tough. I’d add Yoder to the list of pellet grills to look at in addition to the Mak or LSG. The Master Built Gravity Smokers do a pretty good job for the price. I have one as one of my 7 or 8 grills. (See MCS).

Comment

Welcome to the land of amazing ribs and everything else man is known to eat!

My cookers are charcoal powered, not experienced with pellet rigs but I see you are getting some great advice already.

Enjoy...

Comment

Welcome. I'm a Camp Chef fan. Their Woodwind smokers are great. It doesn't look like you could stay under $1k adding Sidekick griddle. Maybe keep an eye out for a sale either from Camp Chef or one of the retailers that carry their products.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado! Good luck with your new pellet smoker.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the Florida Suncoast. Best of luck in your search. I would suggest either increasing your budget or deciding which features you can live without. Otherwise, you will find yourself trading quality.

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska! put that grand away add about 2 more and get a pellet unit of your dreams.

Comment

Check out the review of the Louisiana Grill. It has a flame sear, but I don't know how heavy it is or if it will meet your size needs.

Comment

My Grilla Silverbac is great for smoking, but tops out at about 500°F. RecTeq claims some of their offerings go to 700°F, but I don’t know how well they sear. Jfrosty27 do you sear on yours?

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                              Jfrosty27 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              No I do not sear on my RT700. It really only gets up to about 500 degrees. Tops. And that takes a while and burns a lot of fuel. The only Reqtec that sears is the Bullseye.

Welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here