Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Oregon Wine Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Oregon Wine Country

Hi, I'm an Apple Certified computer tech who escapes from the digital world via Oregon wines, restoring old Brownings (see pic 3), and grilling. Based on reviews from Amazing Ribs, we just upgraded to a Broil King Baron gasser, immediately replaced the cast iron grills with GrillGrates, and purchased a ThermoPop thermometer. Based on the performance of these items, I will never again purchase any outdoor cooking apparatus without checking in with Meathead.

Next up: smoker.

The guns a beaut, a beaut!!!

I have a question, when one plants a vineyard, how long basically until you get enough wine to get drunk?

Welcome and thanks for the support!!

Comment

• outta_ammo
      outta_ammo commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that A5 was a bit of a basket case when I picked him up.

Vineyards typically start producing some usable fruit in their third year, or "third leaf." Production hits stride in the fifth to seventh year. The vine in the picture is fifty years old.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. BTW not looking to plant a vineyard.

Welcome to The Pit outta_ammo. Glad you're here.

Comment

Grab a chair and sit a spell. Welcome.
      I know exactly what you mean. My outdoor cooking improved exponentially when I found Amazing Ribs and the good folks here. I don't hide it either. When folks have their heads down stuffing their face and mumbling what a good cook I am, I immediately tell the truth... it's all right here on AR.

Comment

Welcome outta_ammo

Comment

Wine, Brownings and Barbecue. All good things!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

outta_ammo My parents live in Sherwood Oregon, not far from all the beautiful wineries!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! We are happy to have you. That shotgun looks gorgeous.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

outta_ammo, Welcome to The Pit! I don't Know much about the Wine Business but I do know that A-5 Browning is a fine piece of machinery! I have a 3" Mag 12 Ga I bought from a kid 40-45 Yrs Ago! His Dad had died and he was selling what the Family didn't want! I can't remember the Price but it must have been cheap! The SN is 9655.
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• outta_ammo
                      outta_ammo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey Dan ~ does your A5 SN have any letter/number combinations near the 9655? A straight 9655 SN would be from the second year of production in 1904, but they didn't make the 12 Magnum until 1958. Be happy to get the actual year for you if you can provide any additional info. The one in my picture is from 1958, but not a Magnum.
                      Last edited by outta_ammo; April 12, 2016, 05:26 PM.

• Danjohnston949
                      Danjohnston949 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      outta_ammo, I will double check but I believe the prefix is a V. I will dig it out of storage and confirm this and
                      let you know! When I bought it the barrel had a Poly Choke! I found a New 30” Full Choke Belgian Barrel for it. Shoot ducks and geese 1/4 mile away, Might be a bit of a stretch? Dan

Welcome to the pit @outa_ammo!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, man i miss my A5. Got stolen about 10 years ago, never found. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                        Danjohnston949 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        jharner, A Short Rope and a Long Drop is the only sure cure for a thief! I don't suppose that's politically correct
                        but I think counciling could be provided immediately before the Drop! My Sympathies, Dan

Welcome to The Pit outta_ammo ! You have some great stuff going on there in your intro! Great equipment too. Nice to have you here and thanks for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here