Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Lakeview BBQ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Lakeview BBQ!

Hi Everyone,

I just joined the pit after spending last Saturday experimenting with smoking a mystery cut of beef and some back ribs, they all turned out very delicious. I've been interested in the world of BBQ for some time now and am just getting into it. Here are a couple picture of my finished product. I followed the Last Meal BBQ Ribs and BBQ Beef Brisket Recipes from this website and used the Meatheads Memphis Rib Rub and Big Bad Beef Rub. I used an upright propane smoker with a blend of hickory, cherry, and apple wood.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160409_091154.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	156210

My friend had the beef in his freezer, he said it was a brisket but I don't think it was, the shape wasn't right. If anyone can shed some light on what cut of beef it might have been I would be interested to hear what people think. I wish I had a picture of it before but I forgot to take one.

Ribs:

Name:	20160409_190510.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	156211 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160409_191145.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	156212 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160409_191201.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	156213

Beef:

Name:	20160409_190505.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	156207 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160409_191507.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	156208

Name:	20160409_190904.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	156214

All the Meat:

Name:	20160409_191503.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	156206

I look forward to many more posts and awesome BBQ!

-Lakeview BBQ
    Attached Files

Welcome to the Pit LakeviewBBQ ...

looks like a nice cook. Great smoke ring too.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! (and nicely done)

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! When do we eat?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Nice looking piece of meat. Nice view, too.

Comment

Welcome LakeviewBBQ

Comment

Welcome to The Pit LakeviewBBQ. Food looks great. Nice elevation on the deck!

Comment

welcome to the pit, i have that same smoker

Comment

Welcome to the pit LakeviewBBQ ! looks like what you got there is a long and narrow beef chuckie. I've got two in the freezer that are about 12" long and 4" wide (same thickness) It should taste like a pot roast, so let your tastebuds lead you to the final conclusion.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit LakeviewBBQ . What a beautiful setting you have to cook in!

Comment

LakeviewBBQ, Welcome to The Pit! Your Pics look GREAT! 👍👍👍👍👍. Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

A belated welcome to The Pit LakeviewBBQ! Sorry I'm late to the welcoming party. We're glad you here, and thanks for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit LakeviewBBQ ! Food looks Great! Anyone else hungry all of a sudden?...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here