Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from centrl VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from centrl VA

Just joined yesterday - mostly to support this amazing site. I don't know how active I will be here, but I'll try to check in regularly and respond to a topic if I think I can add something - even if it's only a bit of humor.
    I have been cooking about 60 years and grilling maybe 40. I just started to get really serious a few years ago though. My sig shows that I own Weber and Cookshack as well as several Thermoworks products.
    I do love to cook, and part of cooking is grillin' and smokin'. I prefer cooking simple, but have been known to get a little fancy on occasion. On the grill I cook all the usual suspects as well as a mean rotisserie turkey and I enjoy doing stir fry on the grill too. There are rumors of a few pizzas coming out of the Weber too. In the smoker I have smoked decent ribs, (my wife loves them, and that's what really matters), and pork shoulders as well as an ok, but needs improvement brisket. I'm very close on the brisket, but plan one more test smoke before really going public with it.
    Thanks for taking a look ~ Ron

Where in central VA? I'm from there too.

Welcome!

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Midlothian, and thanx.

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool! I grew up in Powhatan. Next door!

Hi Ron ... Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Ron. We're glad you're here.

Comment

RonB, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome RonB! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome RonB!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! It is always great to,see what folks are cooking.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Ron. you will enjoy the site.

Comment

Thanx all for the warm welcome everyone ~ Ron

Comment

Welcome RonB

Comment

Welcome to The Pit RonB! Great intro! We sure hope you check in often, with your years of experience and array of cooking tools I know we can learn from you and hopefully we can even share something! (Plus with David Parrish and myself around here trying to crack jokes, we could use some good humor)

I assume from your signature being completed nicely that you've already had a peek at the homework assignment, or at least some parts of it....but since this is your first post, but here it is anyway: Homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!
                      Last edited by Huskee; April 10, 2016, 02:43 AM.

Comment

• RonB
                        RonB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanx and OK - here's a bad joke:
                        What did one cannibal say to the other after after tasting the grilled clown?
                        Tastes funny...
                        Ron (running and ducking)

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        RonB Oh c'mon Ron, I said *good* humor.

• RonB
                        RonB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry Huskee - I didn't see the word "good" ~ Ron

RonB - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Thanx all for the nice welcomes ~ Ron

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here