Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JJ Here!

Im a yooper that now lives in wisconsin. I have started to get into bbqing the last couple years because im finally done with college and have some time now! My wife and I bought a house and the inlaws wanted to buy me a gift as a house warming present and since i didnt know of this website i asked them to get me the Master Forge charcoal grill because it looked pretty cool, but knowing what i know now i wish i would have gotten a weber performer.... oh well you live and learn. So now i have been sealing up that siv with anything i can think of to help regulate the temp and not burn as much fuel. With that said it is still fun to smoke pork butts, brisket, fish, ribs and whatever else sounds good. I raise a beef and pig with my old man every year and we butcher it ourselves so good quality meat is never an issue! I'm excited to be a member because I have already learned alot from you guys and I always have to try something new.

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome man!

My dad and uncle slaughtered a couple steers earlier this year. The wife and I await fresh beef. She LOVES the ground stuff. We raised hogs growing up. ALWAYS had plenty pork roasts and sausage available.

Comment

Welcome Troyjj

Comment

Hi, Troy! Forgive me for having Yooper friends! Welcome ... and pasties are the best!

Comment

Troyjj - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Welcome aboard Troyjj!

Comment

Troyjj, Welcome to The Pit! I don't Suppose you are a Viking Fan? Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Troyjj
                  Troyjj commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No im a lions fan. But its always a good Sunday when the packers lose too.

Hi Troy. What part of WI did you move to if you don't mind me asking? I'm almost dead center between Milwaukee and GB.

Comment

• Troyjj
                  Troyjj commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I live around manitowoc now. I love the area. Some people think its small but when I graduated from high school in the UP i had 18 kids in my class. It was a pretty small area to live lol.

Welcome to the Pit! Are you and your dad teamed up cooking or is just in providing what to cook?

Comment

• Troyjj
                  Troyjj commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He just provides. He used to cut the brisket up into burger until I was old enough to understand what it was and how delicious it is and smoked one up!

• LA Pork Butt
                  LA Pork Butt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @Troujj Dads are good providers

Welcome to The Pit Troyjj ! Greetings fellow [former] Michigan native. Nice to have you here. Look on the bright side, at least your cheap smoker was a gift, you can spend your money on whatever you want now with no loss.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

youbetcha we're glad you here eh!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Troyjj . I don't know what a yooper is, but we're glad you're here anyway!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here