Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hola from So Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hola from So Cal

My name is Nick, I am in the temecula area, which is just north of San Diego. I am fairly new to the bbq scene. I have been using a tiny gas grill for the past 2 years to cook basic stuff but I stumbled upon Amazingribs and just bought the Pit Barrel Cooker. I cooked my first ribs ever last night, was fairly happy with them but made plenty of mistakes. I am looking forward to working more on the PBC and growing my BBQ knowledge. Thanks and look forward to communicating with everyone.

Nick

Welcome to the Pit, Nick! You're gonna love that PBC ... just like a whole bunch of us here do ...

Comment

ncentera - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Happy to have you. I will be traveling to San Diego this weekend for a wedding. Any BBQ spots worth checking out? @ncentra

Comment

• ncentera
          ncentera commented
          Editing a comment
          How's it going, the best place to go is Phil's BBQ. Try their Pt. Loma (Sports Arena) location if your near the coast. But be prepared to wait, you have to wait in line for about an hour just to get a seat unfortunately. But in my opinion, it is well worth it.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the heads up! ncentera

ncentera, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome ncentera

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Keep Qing. It gets better with each cook.

Comment

Welcome aboard @ncenlera! Glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit ncentera . I cook on the Pit Barrel Cooker too and love it. One thing that has helped me a lot (besides all of the great knowledge received from all of the other PBC users) is keeping a cooking log. Meathead's version is available on this website. I make notes of what I do during a cook, but more importantly, what I would do differently next time. Referring to your past logs will help you improve your barbecue game. Good luck!

Comment

Welcome to the pit ncentera

Comment

Belated welcome to The Pit ncentera! Glad to have you here, thanks for your support. Mistakes are often a rite of passage into BBQ land, but thankfully AmazingRibs cuts them down considerably- add to that the great folks here in The Pit and you're in a great spot to up your game.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here