Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokin in Central PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokin in Central PA

Hello to all. I am relatively new to smoking meats (started of 10 months ago), and amazing ribs has been an awesome resource. I truly enjoy this art/science and now own a Primo Oval XL and a Good One Open Range. I'm looking to keep learning and evolving and am happy to be a part of the club. Today I am smoking 2 pork butts (starting pic attached). Since it is just my wife and me in the house (empty nesters now) I figured 14 pounds of juicy smoky goodness ought to do. My coworkers are big fans of this passion, as the leftovers have now been dubbed "Smoky Monday" at work.

I look forward to this smoking season with you all.

BisonBBQ - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

I'm a kamado cooker myself. Started out on a BGE, then went to Primo and finished the journey with a couple of Komodo Kamados. For my money, a kamado is the only way to fly. That Primo Oval XL one excellent kamado.

Here's to great cooks and even better memories with family and friends!

Comment

NEPA here, Poconos area. I do the same thing with Monday here at work!

Try Meathead's pastrami, my coworkers said it was the best thing I've ever made.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! For being relatively new at smoking you sure bought some quality cookers early. I cook on a Big Green Egg and a Weber Jumbo Joe.

Comment

Welcome BisonBBQ

Comment

BisonBBQ, Welcome to The Pit! I live just a few blocks from NDSU the athletic teams go by the Nick Name the Bison! The Football Team is a 5 time consecutive NCAA FCS National Champion! The Food Science Dept., The Meat Science Dept., and The Extension Services Dept have a Bison BBQ Demonstration Team! They hold a BBQ BootCamp at various locations throughout ND in the Summer! You can find it on Facebook!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you. You have two rigs that I would love to own. Those Primos are tanks and that Good one is something special in its own right. Both of those rigs are on my list (its getting quite long) I would really like to see some pictures of both of them in use. We don't get many pictures of those in action. Glad you joined up!!

Comment

Good to see another central PA person on here. Welcome, you will find lots to help you on your smoking and other cooking ventures.

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome BisonBBQ from one new member to another.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit BisonBBQ! Glad to have you aboard.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, BisonBBQ !

Comment

Belated welcome to The Pit BisonBBQ! Nice to have you here. You have two killer cookers! Great pic, I'd love to see more that Good One in action.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• BisonBBQ
                              BisonBBQ commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks Huskee. I'm glad to be here. You'll be happy to know I've been through the homework and Amazing Ribs is clear on my email. I will be posting more pics of the Good One in action as the weather breaks.

Welcome to The Pit BisonBBQ . You've got some great equipment!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here