Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to site

I just joined this site yesterday 3/27/2016. My name is John Derouen and I am from Lake Charles Louisiana. Been married to an amazing cook for 38 years. I just bought a new Oklahoma Joe'S Longhorn smoker. I want to become a good backyard cook, and realistically, do not expect to ever
    become a pitmaster. Just looking to learn something from the pro's.
    Glad to join group,
    John

Welcome to the Pit, John! There's a ton of expertise to call upon around here ... so you might as well start raising your personal expectations now ...

Comment

• John Derouen
      John Derouen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

_John_ Derouen - welcome to The Pit!

Comment

• John Derouen
      John Derouen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Fuzzydaddy

From one new member to another, Welcome!

Comment

• John Derouen
      John Derouen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

Dude that last name needed no introduction.

If I still lived in Lake Charles I would eat at Wok d'Lite EVERY week.

Welcome!!!!!

Comment

• John Derouen
      John Derouen commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish you still lived here man! Where did you move to?

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      East Texas in 2001. Still here. I don't miss the humidity and mosquitoes. I do miss working for Mosquito Control.... Go figure.

• John Derouen
      John Derouen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for welcoming me!

Welcome to the pit, Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I just moved from Mandeville, LA to Dallas, Tx. I grew up in New Orleans.

Comment

Welcome _John_ Derouen

Comment

Welcome to The Pit John Derouen ! Glad to have you here. With help and tips from all the good folks here you will in fact become a backyard pitmaster!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• John Derouen
          John Derouen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

Hello John! How do YOU cook Gator?

Comment

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          Meathead, H-- with the Gator! We need a good Ditch Bug Recipie! 👍😇👍. From Fargo ND, Dan

• John Derouen
          John Derouen commented
          Editing a comment
          From abut a mile away!

Welcome to The Pit John Derouen . Have fun learning how to use that new Longhorn smoker!

Comment

_John_ Derouen, Welcome to The Pit! There are several members from LA! One is PaulstheRibList from Lake Charles!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
        Last edited by Danjohnston949; March 29, 2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• John Derouen
          John Derouen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here