Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

badf00d here - hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

badf00d here - hello everyone

I recently joined the site and have been reading a lot... sooo much to learn here. Located in Ohio. A friend got a pellet grill last year, and got me looking into smokers. I haven't bought one yet; still trying to decide what to get. Glad to see all of the community support, because I'm going to need it.

I have an old Weber Genesis Silver B, sous vide gear, and a vacuum chamber. Wife hasn't been crazy about (aka pretty much hated) everything I've made sous vide so far, except for creme brulee. So, I'm determined to up my game.

Welcome to the Pit! You hang around here long enough and you're going to have to change that handle ...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit badf00d! Glad to have you here. The choice of a new smoker is never easy. Like you say though, you have a great community here to help out, each person's advice will hopefully give you something to think about that you might not have already. Are you thinking set it & forget it, like a pellet cooker? Or do you like cooking with logs? What's your budget?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!
      Last edited by Huskee; March 22, 2016, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the pit! I am sure after you read and try the many suggestions, you will make your wife envious of your cooking!

Comment

badf00d - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Welcome to the pit. Wikipedia of BBQ. Stick with the pit and you will have to change your pit name !!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
              Are you thinking set it & forget it, like a pellet cooker? Or do you like cooking with logs? What's your budget?
              I like the idea of set and forget, but also like the idea of better smoke. Haven't pinned down a budget, because it seems that (much like the hi-fi world) it's easy to get addicted to wanting better BBQ gear. I'm intrigued by the KBQ.

Comment

Welcome badf00d

Comment

Originally posted by badf00d View Post
                  Thanks guys.

I like the idea of set and forget, but also like the idea of better smoke. Haven't pinned down a budget, because it seems that (much like the hi-fi world) it's easy to get addicted to wanting better BBQ gear. I'm intrigued by the KBQ.
                  I hear that. KBQ is a fantastic machine, but not cheap. If it fits your budget you wont be disappointed. My all time favorite entry-level gear (and by entry-level I mean price, certainly not low quality) is a 22" Weber kettle with a Slow 'N Sear- competition quality results for under $250. Next would be the Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC) coming at just under $300. Both of these, while not technically set it and forget it, are relatively hands-off once dialed in.

As you're probably well aware, every style of cooker out there is awesome for its unique qualities, but each has its own drawbacks too.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit badf00d.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit and many opinions as to which is the best cooker to own, and they all are correct. I think that is why so many of us have multiple cookers. Each additional cooker fills the down side of our best cooker. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
                        Welcome to the Pit and many opinions as to which is the best cooker to own, and they all are correct. I think that is why so many of us have multiple cookers. Each additional cooker fills the down side of our best cooker. LOL
                        While emptying our wallets.

Comment

Welcome badf00d. We're glad you're here!

Comment

badf00d try this chicken wing recipe with your Sous Vide device. They're good!

I've got some chicken wings, salted and peppered, in a Sous Vide bath at 170 F. I've read all kinds of different temps for wings so could use some advice. I want to

Comment

Welcome to The Pit badf00d . You'll learn a lot here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here