Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ozzmosis here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozzmosis here!

Good afternoon folks! I am fairly new here and I decided to introduce myself. I'm Ozzmosis, or Chris O., whichever you wan to call me. I currently reside in Hattiesburg, MS and I'm looking to take my outdoor cooking to a new level. I still consider myself a novice after reading some of the info here and realizing that I've been doing so many things wrong over the years.

I currently have a Char-Broil COS that will be going bye-bye very soon. I've managed to cook some good and some not-so-good meals on my COS over about a 10 year period. Somehow, I have kept my patience and have not tried to kill anyone because of the frustrations with my COS and somehow I still love to cook outdoors.

In the very near future, my plans are to replace my COS and get a good affordable outdoor cooking setup. I'm a die-hard charcoal and wood chunks guy, but everything else is up for discussion. Currently, I'm on the fence about what grill route to go, but I think that I've about narrowed it down to the tried and true, either the PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill or the Weber Kettle. I'm also very close to getting the Pit Barrel Cooker, affectionately known as the PBC, for my larger smoking sessions to entertain friends.

I look forward to many good discussions on here! I wish each of you blue skies filled with smoke!

Welcome ozzie!! I too am somewhat a novice if u compare the information contained herein but that's what it's all about here; learning and taking it to a higher level. Welcome to the pits!!

Comment

Welcome man!!!

I have a Pit Barrel and a Weber Kettle with Slow 'n Sear.

I still use my COS to smoke sausage. I sealed it up and converted it to gas by installing a turkey fryer burner in the fire box (I place my wood directly over the flame, clean smoke gallore). I'm about to wrap some 2400 degree insulation around the firebox, and then I will able to smoke with it (and not eat up too much fuel) should the Pit Barrel and Kettle get filled up. I have an extra grate for the COS, so in theory I should be able to run 9 briskets at one time with all three pits.

PM me if you need any specific information.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit @Osmosis. I have a Big Green Egg and a 22" & 26" Weber kettle, both with a Slow 'n Sear.

Comment

Welcome Ozzmosis

Comment

Ozzmosis, Welcome to The Pit! I'm like a little kid in a Candy Store when it comes to Grills! I have a Modified COS, a Brinkman SS Bullet Water Smoker, and two Weber 22 1/2" Performers one has a S 'n S, a Digi Q-2 Temp Controller with a SS Baffle Plate to direct the air under the coals!
            Temp control is unbeleavable! I use the Webers the most!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome Ozzmosis! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Ozzmosis! Nice to have you here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Comment

Chris - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I don't believe you will go wrong with either. If you are like many on this site the fascination with BBQ could lead you to become a collector of cookers. I have two.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here