Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi my name is kevin and i joined this site after only viewing it for a couple months for free, i have a bradly smoker but am going to purchess a new pellet grill, just havent made up my mind on which one to get, i have my eye on a green mountian { jim bowie }and was wondering if any one out there is familar with them and has any advice. I am going to buy a pellet grill as all the reading ive done on this site is pointing me in that direction, i love smoked meat of any kind { especialy chicken and turkey } Thanks for a great web site, i think i will be a member for life. Oh ya i live in northern Canada so the GM thermal blanket is a must.

Welcome kgb0717

Comment

Welcome to the pit. I own a Camp Chef DLX and love it. I can not speak for any of the others because I have not used or seen used any other brand. When I was looking a few months ago it had a good review and was waiting for me to pick up at the local Bass Pro shop. Good luck on your choice.

Comment

Welcome aboard kgb0717.

Comment

Welcome to he Pit! hold on and visit the Pit regularly - Spring is coming.

Comment

kgb0717, Welcome to The Pit! Obama went to Cuba and you Canadians want to take over? Eat Well and Prosper!
            From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I wish they would keep Obama in cuba!! Lol

Comment

I had a Jim Bowie but now have a Rec Tec. The GMG had higher temps than what it was set to. The Rec Tec hopper holds more pellets, the temps recover faster after opening the lid and they have way better customer service imho( You can call them with any and all questions and they'll actually answer you). It does not have a thermal blanket or a wifi able probe like the GMG.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit kgb0717! Nice to have you here, thanks for your support. You're in the best place possible between Max & Meathead's honest gear reviews and the good members here in The Pit offering their experiences with the different pellet cookers.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

I have a rec tec mini and I love it. I won it as a prize, so I didn't really do any research before receiving it

There have been good reviews of these on a pellet grill forum I subscribe to:

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We are glad your here.

Comment

Kgb0717 welcome to the pit. I have a GMG Daniel Boone. Make sure you get a cover for it and if all you want to do on it is Chicken and Turkey you're looking at the right pit (it also does a good job on fish like salmon) how ever (I believe) that it doesn't put out enough smoke for Briskets or pork shoulders. Mine is 4 years old and may be different from the ones they sell today (ie no Bluetooth or WiFi) so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Comment

thanks for the warm welcome guys, its kinda nice to be invited into a group of fellow foodies so quickley. I live in central Alberta and have been looking online and they don"t offer a whole wack of pellet smokers out here like they do in the states. I have seen a few cheaper ones { which i dont want to waste my money or time not to mention the good meat on } and i know of 1 place in calgary that sells yoder [ for a couple mortage payments ] unless i drive down to the states i am kinda limited as to what i get. I found the green mountian about 100 miles from where i live, and it is the only one that is mention in any reviews just have to keep looking i guess, altho i dont know how much longer i can wait

Comment

well i did it i bit the bullet and ordered a Green Mountian ( Jim Bowie ) i will pick it up next week some time then its off to smoke heaven i can hardley wait

Comment

Good luck with your new BBQ experience, I believe you will love it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here