Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from East TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from East TN

Where to begin? I've smoked, grilled, barbecued for a long time. I'm primitive with a hi-tech twist. I like wood, fire, steel and stone, but I also like data acquisition and science. I'm an Instrument Tech at a National Lab. My job is finding ways to gather data and instrument equipment. I have experience with temperature control, fabrication etc. so maybe I can be of use here and learn a few things as I go. I'm not a chef nor a Pit Master, so expect a lot of stupid questions. My goal here is to learn what's behind the magic curtain of great BBQ. Thanks in advance for your patience. If you have any questions about thermocouples, thermal mass, temperature controllers, data logging etc. I'll do my very best to answer.

Welcome to The Pit ki4dog! Great to have you here. I bet we'll have lots to learn from you, and we look forward to the interchange of information and tips. I think you'll really like The Pit!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome! The is a great place to ask questions, and the wise man asks questions.

Comment

ki4dog, Welcome to The Pit! I look forward to your Posts on instrumentation and Pit Temp Control! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome aboard ki4dog. I'm west of you in Murfreesboro, near I-24.
          Last edited by fuzzydaddy; March 18, 2016, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Welcome ki4dog

Comment

ki4dog - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here