Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to get better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to get better

Been looking at this site for years. I am just a OK cook except for frying chicken fingers . Trying to learn some new skills. I have a Weber Summit 5 burner for years and recently bought a new Primo XL that iam learning on but disappointing food so far. I seem to over cook everything. I bought the igrill bluetooth thing last night so testing it out now. James

Welcome to The Pit No-Land. You'll love that Primo XL. You'll get it figured out and make some awesome food. My first few cooks were not good at all. Learning your grill and monitoring pit temp and food temp will get better over time. And feel free to ask any questions here.

Comment

Welcome man....sorry you have to know so many Cormiers!!!

Comment

Welcome No-Land

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit No-Land! Glad to have you here. Overcooking is a common problem, never fear! If the iGrill doesn't do it for you, or if you're the type that likes to have more than one gadget, many of us really like the Maverick ET 732 wireless meat & grill thermometer, as well as Thermoworks' instant reads like the ThermoPop or the Thermapen.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome! You have definitely come to the right place to up your game and get great advice from folks with all different kinds of experiences of areas of expertise. As referenced above... some good meat and air temp thermometers will get you the most bang for your buck and better results in the quickest amount of time.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

No-Land, Welcome to The Pit! The Home of Good BBQ, Good People, and Good Advice Free For the Asking!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

No-Land - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

I'm a kamado cooker myself and a former owner of a couple of Primo XLs myself. Kamado cooking is all about controlling air flow. Once you get the hang of that, you'll have no problem creating some of the world's beest BBQ right in your own back yard. if you have any questions about getting to know your XL, post them in the Kamado Section and we'll get you headed in the right direction.

Here's the link to that section: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo.../kamado-cookes
                      Last edited by CeramicChef; March 13, 2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Welcome from a fellow Egghead. You will love this site.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here