Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good day to smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good day to smoke

I joined this forum on 3/11/16 after reading a very well written article on Brisket that will be helpful to a lot of folks that are a little nervous about taking on a 12 pound piece of muscle and sitting up half the nite. I presently cook on a ex-large BGE which performs very well when going low and slow,I do not always have as much cooking area as my old off-set,but than aging I have slowed down here of late.looking forward to chatting with everyone to keep our fire's burning.

Welcome Jerry! We're glad you're here. It's best practice NOT to use your email address as your username. What would you like me to change it to?

Comment

Welcome Jerry

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Jerry.

I'm also a BGE guy. The good thing about being a BGE guy is you NEVER have to stay up all night tending your cooker. Just set it up properly and go to bed.😉 You don't have to refill the water pan, add lump or add wood chunks. Set it and forget about it.😆

Nice to have other ceramic guys on board.👍

Comment

JerryMorgan - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

I'm a kamado cooker myself. I started put on the BGE more years ago than I care to remember and I've never looked back.

Here's to great cooks and even better memories with family and friends!

Comment

Welcome Jerry! I also have an XL BGE. I never HAVE to stay up all night or all day when I add the lump properly. I also have a PartyQ (hopefully a DigiQ DX2 is in my future). I often find myself babysitting it for no good reason other than I enjoy spending time with my Egg. Call me weird...that's ok. When cooking pork butts the first time I open it is for a tenderness check (IT > 195) which is usually ~12 hours.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, Jerry Morgan! Great to have you here. Brisket is indeed intimidating since it's easy to royally mess it up if you don't have adequate information going in. Meathead's article might just be the best one on the entire Internet, he takes the learning curve out of it for us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Jerry!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here