Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello I'm just an old troll that likes smoked meat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I'm just an old troll that likes smoked meat.

I am new to this site & looking to get a pellet grill I see green mt. & camp chef are both rated very high & I can't afford much more ( this old troll is limited in the funds dept.) any suggestions if one is better than the other? Thanks in advance

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome Darchie03

Comment

Darchie03 - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome Darchie03. Wish I could help but I have an Egg and Weber Kettles.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Darchie03! Thanks for joining up with us. I can't comment specifically on either model. I'd suggest reading Meathead's & Max's reviews, which it sounds like you've already done, and then browse through the Grills & Smokers > Wood Pellets channel to see if there are topics in there that might help you decide one way or the other.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Max Good Darchie03 is the guy to talk to regarding pellet grills. He is the review man. You can also post some questions to the review page of each grill or smoker you are looking at. They are very good about answering your questions. (As they are here as well) Many others here will be able to help you with your decision. Anyway, Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Darchie03, Welcome to The Pit! As long as you can Smell the Smoke you are not Old! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I own a Camp Chef DXL and love it, do not have any experience with Green Mt.

Comment

Darchie03, I just rescrolled your post and noticed your Avatar and realized it is a Close Formation Pic of the Blue Angles! Forgive me for asking but are you affiliated with Them? When there is an Airshow in Fargo and they are Flying the make several low level passes over our House. Thanks, Dan

Comment

• Darchie03
                        Darchie03 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am retired from the Navy & was in aviation & flew as part of an antisubmarine warfare crew Not affiliated with the Blue Angels but saw their shows many times & was always impressed with their flying skills.

• LangInGibsonia
                        LangInGibsonia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you for your service Darchie03

Thank you all for your input

Comment

• Max Good
                        Max Good commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Both Camp Chef and Green Mountain are good choices. Green Mountain is more high tech. As Huskee recommends, use our Searchable Equipment Reviews to explore possibilities in your price range. Welcome to the party!

• Darchie03
                        Darchie03 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the info I was not going for the wifi version of the GMG, funds are too tight.
                        also thinking of making my own which I posted elsewhere.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here