Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Canada

Hi everyone! My name is Chris and I hail from the Regina, Canada. BTW it's pronounced REE-GYE-NAH - we affectionately refer to it as "The City that Rhymes with Fun!"

I've been a passionate outdoor cooker for years now. I've seen my share of crappy gas grills and cheaply built pellet poopers. I'm currently cooking on a Pitmaker BBQ Safe, an old Weber Performer kettle, a Napoleon PrestigePro natural gasser, and a brand spanking new Kamado Joe Classic. I like to tell people that my hobby is meat!

Southern style barbecue is a relatively new thing here on the Canadian prairies, becoming in popular in the past five years or so. I didn't have the luxury of learning how to cook low and slow from my dad or my grandfather. I'm completely self taught and owe a great deal of thanks to web sites like Amazing Ribs for helping me understand the basics.

I live in cattle country so beef is king in these parts and therefore it's my favourite meat to cook. Having said that my favourite food in the world is smoke roasted hot chicken wings. When I fired up my Kamado Joe for the first time last week chicken wings were the first thing I cooked and man - the KJ is a MACHINE! Love it!

Looking forward to making some friends, engaging in some discussions, but most of all learning from all of you. You can't imagine how much it helps others when you share your experiences and insight.

Cheers!

Welcome to the Pit, Chris!

Comment

Welcome ChrisSpencer71

Comment

Welcome to The Pit ChrisSpencer71! Your intro made me lol. Glad to have you here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Like you BBQ is my hobby. I lived in pork country in Louisiana, but have just moved to beef country in Texas. I cook on a Big Green Egg, and I love chicken wings. I cook them with salt and black pepper only over 350 direct heat at the felt line for about 30 minutes until they are crispy, crispy. Have fun in the Pit. It is a great place to learn.

Comment

Chris, welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Welcome ChrisSpencer71! Glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are all glad your here.

Comment

ChrisSpencer71, Welcome to The Pit! Chris you will have to look through the Membership List there are quite a few Canadian Members!
                    I take note of this because I grew up 10 miles South of the Line in NC ND (Rolla) we had to keep an eye out for Canadians they might have been relatives? Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words and warm wishes. Danjohnston949 your comment about watching out for Canadians made me laugh. TGIF - can't wait to play with some fire this weekend!

Comment

Hello from Calgary, great to have another prairie person on here. Go Flames (for first overall pick in the draft that is...)!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here