Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Hoboken, NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Hoboken, NJ

Hi all! I'm Adam. Back in October my wife and I managed to buy a new condo in Hoboken with our own private 500 square foot patio (Hoboken is a quasi-urban area with mostly high and mid-rise multifamily apartment buildings). Once the new year hit (Actually in the middle of a blizzard!), we immediately set out to furnish the patio- and as of this past weekend all of our new furniture was delivered... and the centerpiece of it all is my new Weber S-470! I've spent most of the past 15 years living in city centers (NYC, Chicago, DC) without access to anything other than a community grill. So excited to be back in the game with my own outdoor space and my own grill. Came across this website, and used the reviews to buy my grill, thermometer, and other accessories. Love the recipes and techniques- look forward to be an active member. Thanks so much to all who have posted!

Welcome Aberkowitz

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy.

Comment

Hey buddy, Jersey City resident here. Welcome! I hear Truglio's is awesome. I've been buying my chickens and Turkeys from a farm in Bergen Co. You can literally pic the live one you want. Let me know if you want that info. I got my new grill in January and my avatar pic is me grilling in the middle of that 2 foot blizzard. So I feel ya! Totally excited with my new rig. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by JCBBQ View Post
          Hey buddy, Jersey City resident here. Welcome! I hear Truglio's is awesome. I've been buying my chickens and Turkeys from a farm in Bergen Co. You can literally pic the live one you want. Let me know if you want that info. I got my new grill in January and my avatar pic is me grilling in the middle of that 2 foot blizzard. So I feel ya! Totally excited with my new rig. Congrats!
          A fellow Hudson county resident!! I'm a 5 minute walk from Truglio's- I shop there almost every weekend for meat, and they're very generous when it comes to special orders or extras (e.g. bones for stock). Please send the name of that farm- would love to check it out.

Comment

Welcome aboard Aberkowitz!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Aberkowitz! Great to hear that you're back in the grilling game. I bet that's a great feeling having your own private patio now, congrats on that! Let the games begin!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Adam. Congrats on the new condo and Weber!

Comment

Welcome. For about 8 years I lived up the road on Boulevard East in West New York. Home now is Montclair about a dozen miles west of you.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Spring is near there has been a run of folks signing up for the Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are glad your here. Congrats on your new cooking space.

Comment

Aberkowitz, Adam Welcome to The Pit! Wasn't Frank Sinatra from Hobaken NJ ?
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Aberkowitz
                        Aberkowitz commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are correct sir, Sinatra was from Hoboken. Back then it was a working class factory town.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here