Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Peoria, IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Peoria, IL

I have learned so much about grilling from amazingribs.com that I had to become a member. I'm very excited about indirect grilling and reverse searing. Didn't have a clue before I came here. Thanks! I have a revamped Traeger 'Lil' Tex and a Broilmaster gas grill. Both are over 10 years old. The pellet grill has a new controller (Ortech) and most internals have been updated as well. Love my gas grill but am thinking of going charcoal to up my game on steaks. Looking at the PK and Broilmaster's charcoal grill. Haven't decided yet. Anyway, thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this site.

Grill on,
    Wayne

Welcome Wayne!!!

Comment

Welcome Swengen

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Wayne!

Comment

Welcome! Does Peoria actually have a scale model of solar system? I understand earth is at an Amoco station and open 24 hours a day.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Wayne.

Comment

Swengen, Welcome to The Pit! I the way of Charcoal Grills don't overlook the Weber & S 'n S Combination! If you add a Temp Controller to them I think you have a nearly perfect Smoker and Grill! In MHOP!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Swengen
                Swengen commented
                Editing a comment
                I have looked into the Weber/S'nS combination. I always research everything to death and that is a great combination. Tempting.

• LA Pork Butt
                LA Pork Butt commented
                Editing a comment
                Swengen My son has one - great versatility. Excelled at reverse sear. Good job as a smoker.

Welcome to the Pit and go for the charcoal. I don't believe you will ever look back.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Wayne, enjoy.

Comment

Swengen - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

I can second the Weber kettle and the SnS combination. It's a killer combination and really cost effective. Lotsa great BBQ has been cooked on Webers. You can't beat a good kettle for all round performance without spending a LOT more money!

Here's to great cooks and even better memories with family and friends!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Swengen! Thanks for joining up and supporting us, nice to have you here. I love pan fried steaks and gas grilled steaks, but charcoal grilled steaks with just a faint kiss of smoke are by far my favorite!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Swengen. Glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Wayne. Have fun learning - you came to the right place for it!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here