Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Georgia...Metro Atlanta...Southside...McDundah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Georgia...Metro Atlanta...Southside...McDundah!

Sorry to disappoint but I'm not really Jack Burton. The name is Zach.

Growing up in the south, BBQ has alway been part of my life but it wasn't until a few years ago that I started going a little deeper than all you can eat Sonny's, stopping by the original Shane's Rib Shack and the occasional ribs and pulled pork at family functions. I started with a Brinkmann Smoke-N-Something. I think that's what it's called, then bought an original Oklahoma Joe offset smoker off of Craigslist and then once I had enough of that headache(see avatar) I bought a Camp Chef Smoke Vault and never looked back...until my parents gave me their Weber Kettle and I was then obligated to buy the Slow-N-Sear. By the way, best purchase ever. Through this website I've learned to make some mighty fine ribs and pulled pork, awesome garlic mashed potatoes and some dried out brisket(my fault). It's a hit with family and friends and my dog. I look forward to continuing learning from all of you and seeing your amazing work!

Welcome to The Pit Jack Burton / Zach / Kurt Russell or whomever you are! Nice intro. Congrats on the nice equipment & the new SnS. Did you sell your OK Joe?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Huskee Thanks! I'll check out the info. I did sell the OK Joe. It was another craigslist transaction that I broke even on. It would have been similar 16" Horizon Smoker. Kind of wish I would have kept it but...temp control was no fun.

Comment

Welcome jack Burton

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
          Huskee Thanks! I'll check out the info. I did sell the OK Joe. It was another craigslist transaction that I broke even on. It would have been similar 16" Horizon Smoker. Kind of wish I would have kept it but...temp control was no fun.
          Yeah, the 20-24" are the ones that are much easier to manage. I have the 20" (Yoder) and while it's not anything close to set it & forget it, it's not too bad. I really enjoy operating mine. But it's hard to beat the kettle+SnS for small family cooks. Just used that tonight on a spatchcocked chicken.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome Jack!!! We are glad your here, brother.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome Zach

Comment

jack Burton, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome aboard, Zach! Looks like you're off to a pretty impressive start ...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Zach. Dude, what happened to the front yard?

Comment

Welcome aboard, Zach! Coming from Sixes Rd above Woodstock, home of the lovely 75N & 575N commute.

-- Ed

Comment

BigBear I was minding my own business smoking a pork butt on a cold and windy February day. I had just put some more charcoal in the smoker and when I did that, I guess a small ember came out and landed on the grass...in the back yard. This picture is in the front yard. Turns out the water hose was frozen in the backyard so that was no help. I turned the water on in the house to the spigot in the front yard and got the new water hose out of the garage since it wouldn't be frozen. Turned out that the water pipe to the spigot in the front yard had busted in the attic. At this point I was out of option and had to call the local fire dept. At least the pork butt turned out amazing. And that was the main reason I bought the Smoke Vault.

Medusa When I was buying a house I knew I didn't want to go up to the north side with all that traffic but I'm learning the south side is pretty bad too.
                            ​
                            Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Comment

• BigBear
                              BigBear commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Rotten luck Man. I'm so sorry. At least you saved the PB! Good luck with the new equipment.

• Medusa
                              Medusa commented
                              Editing a comment
                              15 years ago Sixes was 2 lane; now it's 4 lane. You never heard about 575 on the traffic report. Now it's just as bad or worse than 400.

I do feel your 75 pain in your area, too.

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here