Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the Club!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Club!

Just stopping in to drop off a quick intro! I put a little bit on my first post in the LMR section, but wouldn't hurt to have it here too.

From Illinois, so that means it snowed Wednesday and it's 55 degrees today on Feb 27 (no, really, it is). I Just moved out a few months ago at age 25 and, being a carnivore who hates vegetables, one of the first things I needed was a grill for my patio; just a standard Char-Broil propane grill (only type allowed by my condo association), so nothing too fancy but I'd rather step outside and cook on it than the stove or microwave! Zero problems grilling all year round, that's what coats are for. Always loved barbeque and the family usually only made grilled steaks, burgers, sausage, etc. But now that I'm out on my own, and now that I am responsible for my own food and meals for the next forever, I'm aspiring to a lot more. Finally joined the Pitmaster Club after I found myself coming back to the site, and after cooking the LMR twice I had to pull the trigger on $2 a month (and a magnet!)

Might be a little cheesy but I love BBQ Pitmasters on the tube and I could watch food stuff all day. Man v Food is actually playing right now. Just ordered some rub and sauce from Tuffy Stone in Virigina, and about to put some ribs on the grill and crack a cold one, so can't wait to see how they turn out!

Closing intro stats: Love the Hawks. Love the Bears. Don't care about baseball at all. Was going to be an English Teacher but currently am in insurance. Love movies. I think reading is far too underrated. I won my Fantasy Football league of 10 friends this year and keep the trophy on the coffee table (beat my girlfriend in Round 1 of the playoffs and she lives with me now, so it drives her nuts).

And I'm only 26 years old, so with this site and The Pit, i have plenty of time (hopefully) to hone the craft!

Cheers everyone, I look forward to being a part of the site! Time to go check the temp of the grill!

Welcome man!!!

Sweet write up.

Comment

Welcome KiloVolt89
      Last edited by DWCowles; February 27, 2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit KiloVolt89 . We're glad you're here.

Comment

Second welcome, this time I won't redundantly give you the homework assignment. Glad to have you here.

Comment

KiloVolt89 - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

KiloVolt89, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! It is a fun place to be.

Comment

Welcome to the pit. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Yo KV! Welcome

Comment

Welcome neighbor. I'm in southwest IN close to the state line.

Comment

Welcome to the pit I'm also a new member and yea any weather is good weather for bbq and beer

Comment

Welcome! Sounds like a great beginning for a youngin on his own. It will be great to hear what you do. Enjoy! & Go Pack Go!

Comment

Welcome aboard KiloVolt89

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here