Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greeting's from Western NY. (Bills Country!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeting's from Western NY. (Bills Country!!)

Well I've fancied myself quite a cook/chef for a long while now. MH and his/this site have proven we all still have much to learn even when we think we are "all that". So while I continue to refine and improve with much help from you and these pages, I have had much success in kitchens, porches, and back and front yards for many years now. (decades actually) In 1977 I was a lead part in the first of 12 annual whole hog roasts. An endeavor my current skills would never again allow, as correct cooking of the various sections cannot happen when done as a whole hog. (at least not as we did them, chicken wired onto a serious iron shaft, were it remained until the thickest part was 180Ëš) Many smokers later I am using for bigger events my own designed and custom built reverse flow offset. But as the kids are out now, and it is mostly my wife & I, the majority of cooking/grilling/smoking is on the Weber Performer w/smokenator. I've also modified this to accept my rock's bar-b-que stoker, which works flawlessly on the Performer & my big smoker. Looking forward to sharing and learning with all of you. If anyone is interested in the mods to the performer, I'd send pics and info. Peace & Go Bills!

Welcome (greg) A BigBillsFan! We're glad you're here. We'd like to see pics of those custom cookers.

Comment

Have you tried Dinosaur BBQ? When I was there for 2.5 months, I ate there a few times. Great BBQ!

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        *Buffalo*

• Greg A BigBillsFan
        Greg A BigBillsFan commented
        Editing a comment
        Dinosaur does a great job with nice sides/selections. That is a big compliment from me as I find most bbq restaurants simply cannot give the TLC to their mass production requirements that we individual cooks can commit to our part time passion.

Welcome Greg A BigBillsFan

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Here you go David Parrish.

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            NICE. You ain't playin around!

SWEET RIGS Greg! Welcome

Comment

(greg) A BigBillsFan, Welcome to The Pit! Did you ever here of a Bill by the name of Phil Hanson? He came from a small farm in SE North Dakota, in the Oakes Area. He played for NDSU and was one of my Wife's English Students! I understand the Farm isn't all that Small anymore! Phil gives Color Comentary on the Radio for the NDSU Bison! I love Your Cookers and the Mods!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

@Danjohnson949, TY sir. One couldn't call them self much of a Bills Fan if one doesn't know who Phil is! He was a tremendous player with a quiet type personality seldom seen in todays sports. I doubt you'd find a person in know, who could shed a single negative comment about Phil, and doesn't that speak volumes! I heard he moved to Mn though.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                Danjohnston949 commented
                Editing a comment
                (greg) A BigBillsFan, My Wife Eunice always Speaks well of Phil! Not bad for an English Instructor and a Football
                Player! I have owned her for 43 Years and I don't believe she speaks as well of Me? Dan

• Danjohnston949
                Danjohnston949 commented
                Editing a comment
                Phil and his family live in Detroit Lakes, MN about 45 miles east of Fargo, it is Kind of a Resort Town! Lakes, Hills,
                Parks and High $ Real Estate! Dan

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pitt, Greg ... from Broncos Country! What's a Bill?

Comment

• Greg A BigBillsFan
                  Editing a comment
                  A "Bill" is a diehard NFL team that vaguely remembers what the postseason was like!! Congrats to your team. I was rooting for you too.

• MBMorgan
                  MBMorgan commented
                  Editing a comment

As a Bills fan, how do you feel about Scott Norwood? Haha. Glad I don't have his last name!

Comment

• Greg A BigBillsFan
                  Editing a comment
                  Scotty is a wonderful man who's forte never was 48 yard FG's. The best team doesn't always win on a given day and that was the case that day.

Welcome to The Pit Greg. You have some nice equipment.

Comment

• Greg A BigBillsFan
                  Editing a comment
                  57 years and never onetime has a woman ever said that to me!! Dang it! Lol Thanks BigBear

• BigBear
                  BigBear commented
                  Editing a comment

Welcome to The Pit Greg A BigBillsFan! Glad to have you here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome Bill's fan! I lived in Ithaca many years. Make sure you check out the recipe for Cornell Chicken, Spiedies, and Salt Potatoes, all Central Tier specialties on the free part of the website. Look in the Table of Contents. I miss the waterfalls!

Comment

• Greg A BigBillsFan
                  Editing a comment
                  One of our conversations MH was when you were commenting on the "best" hot dogs. But you left out thee best, Zwiegles! Red beef or white pork! You didn't argue that. Peace my friend.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here