Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Chesapeake, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Chesapeake, VA

I joined last month, but am just getting to my introduction. Too much time watching the videos and reading recipes... I can't wait to put some of it into practice.

I've always liked to grill, but am just starting to learn how to do it well. I had to get rid of my gasser as the moving company wouldn't allow it on the truck, so I picked up a smokey joe and have been adding devices ever since. I'm still working on using the engelbrecht campfire well and just added a weber 22in kettle and slow 'n sear last week.

I was given an older offset as a friend upgraded so most of my smoking has been on that so far. I've had lots of success with pork butts. Tried brisket for the first time using the methods in the Franklin barbecue book, it fell apart rather than sliced but was extremely moist and there were no leftovers from a 13lb packer so I'll count that as a success. Followed the Ultimate Smoked Turkey recipe here for Thanksgiving which was a big hit. Next up, improving my grind mix for burgers and seeing what the SNS can do!

Thanks for a great site.

Pete

Welcome to The Pit lemayp! You'll love the 22" kettle and slow 'n sear.

Comment

Welcome lemayp

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Judging by your gear you are all set to smoke and grill.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Pete. We're glad you're here. Lots of info to learn on this site. Sounds like you have some great equipment. Have fun!

Comment

lemayp, Welcome to The Pit! Don't get rid of that COS, even if you do find you use the Weber & S 'n S 99% of the time! The day will come when You are obligated to Feed the Hungry Hoards and the COS will be handy!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, there is such a great community online here.

Danjohnston949, I have no intention of getting rid of the COS. It leaks everywhere and needs constant baby sitting so I'll fill it when I do run it. Lots of pulled pork ends up in the freezer for later. Hoping to be able to upgrade it this year and send this one off to another friend.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit lemayp! Bummer on losing your gasser, but it sounds like you're doing well! Great having you here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here